Cavaliers-Jazz pregame dribbles
Tipoff: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, 7 p.m. EST.
Records: Cavaliers 22-20; Jazz 14-27..
TV: FOX Sports Ohio. Radio: WTAM 1100, 100.7 WMMS, 87.7 FM La Mega, AM 1590 WAKR (Akron)
Jazz: C Enes Kanter; PF Derrick Favors; SF Joe Ingles; SG Gordon Hayward; PG Trey Burke.
Cavaliers: C Timofey Mozgov; PF Kevin Love; SF LeBron James; SG J.R. Smith; PG Kyrie Irving.
Cavaliers: G Iman Shumpert (shoulder) out; C Anderson Varejao (Achilles) out.
Jazz: G Rodney Hood (foot) out; Alec Burks (shoulder) out.
1. LeBron James and Kyrie Irving aren’t feeling well, and that’s about the biggest news involving this one before tip-off. But the Cavs have won three in a row, and will be looking to exact some revenge on a team that beat them by two points at Utah earlier this season.
2. While defense is vital, the Cavs again are getting it done with offense lately. They’re averaging a whopping 114.3 points during the winning streak. Having LeBron back tends to help in that area, of course. He’s averaging 31.8 points in the previous four games.
3. Overall, the Cavs are 17-4 when they score 100 or more. That includes a 10-0 mark at home.
4. Meanwhile, the Jazz are coming off a 69-point effort in a loss to the defending champion Spurs. So, does Jazz coach Quin Snyder burn that film or make sure to see what went wrong? "A little of both," he said.
5. All five Cavs starters scored at least 15 points in Monday’s win over the Bulls. Last time that happened? Try 1993.