Fox Sports North Dairy Queen Hockey Kid Sweepstakes — Official Rules
THE FOX SPORTS NORTH DAIRY QUEEN HOCKEY KID SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOX SPORTS NORTH DAIRY QUEEN HOCKEY KID SWEEPSTAKES (THE "SWEEPSTAKES") AND ANY ADVERTISEMENT RELATING THERETO IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY WITHIN THE STATE OF MINNESOTA ("TERRITORY") AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY CALIFORNIA STATE LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT WITHIN THE TERRITORY, PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE TERRITORY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, OR DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Fox Sports North Dairy Queen Hockey Kid Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Fox Sports Net North, a Delaware limited liability company, located at One Main Street Southeast, Suite 600, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414 ("Sponsor") and is related to Sponsor’s coverage and telecast of the Minnesota Wild professional hockey games. The Sweepstakes begins on January 20, 2014 and ends on February 2, 2014 (such entire period of time referred to hereinafter as the "Sweepstakes Period"). The prizewinners of the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected to receive a prize package. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. WHO MAY ENTER: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the state of Minnesota who are between the ages of ten (10) and seventeen (17) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Directors, officers, and employees, of Sponsor, Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc., Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, LP, and American Dairy Queen and each of their respective parents, affiliated, or subsidiary companies, advertising, promotion, production services, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, web masters and web suppliers (each a "Promotion Entity" and collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and each of their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (children, spouse, parents, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related are not eligible to enter or win. The potential prizewinners of the Sweepstakes may be required to show proof of residency.
3. WHEN TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. central time ("CT") on January 20, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 2, 2014. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, all entries must be postmarked by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and received by Sponsor by February 6, 2014. The postmark date and Sponsor’s mail-in receive date shall be the official time keeping devices in this Sweepstakes. The mail-in receive date for each entry received in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, which shall be final and binding.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. A computer with internet access is required to participate in this Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the registration period, visit http://www.foxsportsnorth.com and follow the links and instructions to the Sweepstakes registration page. Print the official Sweepstakes registration form and complete all required fields, which may include without limitation the entrant’s name, complete mailing address (including city, state, and zip code), complete telephone number (including area code). Following completion of the registration form, entrant and entrant’s parent and/or legal guardian must sign the registration form where indicated and then mail the completed and signed registration form to the address indicated on the registration form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, family and/or household. All required information must be included on the entrant’s registration form in order to be eligible for a chance to win. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, forged, software-generated, other automated or incomplete entries will be accepted. Sweepstakes registration forms will be deemed null and void and will be rejected if not submitted through authorized, legitimate channels. If a dispute as to the identity of any entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. DRAWINGS AND PRIZEWINNER NOTIFICATION: Up to a total of six (6) prizewinners will be selected. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, the potential prizewinners will be selected in a random prize drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Each prizewinner’s name will be selected from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period on or about February 7, 2014 and will be notified by telephone, e-mail and/or U.S. mail on or about February 7, 2014, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prizewinner notifications that are lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential prizewinner for any reason. If a selected prizewinner cannot be reached by telephone; e-mail, or U.S; mail, or does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial attempt to notify the potential prizewinner, the prize package may be forfeited and an alternate prizewinner for the prize package may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential prizewinners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize package may go unawarded if the prize package remains unclaimed. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize package or any portion thereof for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZE PACKAGE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: Up to a total of six (6) prize packages will be awarded: Each prizewinner of the Sweepstakes will receive a prize package that consists of: (i) admission for three (3) to the on-ice hockey instructional training session, which will take place on February 22, 2014 at the Xcel Energy Center and will be hosted by a Fox Sports North on-air talent; (ii) an opportunity to appear on Sponsor’s "Wild Live Post-Game Show" (the "Show"); and (iii) three (3) Dairy Queen coupons valued at Ten Dollars ($10) each. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each prize package awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes is Sixty Dollars ($60).
The total ARV should all prize packages be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes is Three Hundred Sixty Dollars ($360). One (1) of the admissions to the on-ice hockey instructional training session will be designated for the prizewinner’s parent and/or legal guardian as such prizewinner’s parent and/or legal guardian must accompany the prizewinner to the on-ice hockey instructional training session as further detailed below. Appearance on Show is subject to production of exigencies. Personality appearance, if any, subject to availability. Prizewinners and guests must attend the on-ice hockey instructional training session together or the prize package awarded will be forfeited in its entirety. Sponsor is not responsible for schedule changes, delays, or cancellations. Transportation to and from the Xcel Energy Center, parking fees, meals, beverages, gratuities, personal purchases, and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prizewinners. The on-ice hockey instructional training session admissions are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto and printed thereon and will be deem void if void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party. The prize packages are non-refundable for cash and admittance to the on-ice hockey instructional training session is non-changeable once issued. If lost, they will not be replaced. All minors must be accompanied, at all times, by an adult. Limit one (1) prize package per person. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Minors (as defined below) must be accompanied, at all times, by an adult. The potential prizewinner is subject to verification. The prize packages are not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. The prize packages are non-assignable and nontransferable. If lost, the prize packages awarded herein or any portion thereof will not be replaced. The prize packages or any portion thereof will not be substituted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability and then only for a prize of equal or greater value except where prohibited by law. The prizewinner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state and/or local taxes on the prize package received. Participation in the Show ("Prize Activity") is subject to availability and all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If the Prize Activity becomes unavailable, that portion of the prize package will be cancelled without substantiation or compensation therefore. That portion of the prize package will be deemed unavailable due to cancellation or unavailability for any reason, or if Sponsor determines that all or regulations applicable thereto cannot be met or waived on terms that Sponsor finds satisfactory in its sole discretion. If any potential prizewinner declines the prize package or any portion thereof, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential prizewinner may be disqualified and will forfeit the prize package or any portion thereof he or she otherwise might have received. In the event the prizewinner or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the applicable event in whole or in part, and send the prizewinner and/or his or her guests home with no further compensation. Upon verification of entrant’s win and compliance with these Official Rules, delivery of the prize package will be coordinated by a representative of Sponsor and the prizewinner will receive further notification with details on how to claim the prize package. All details and other restrictions of the prize packages not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Eligibility, age and all claims made by prizewinners are subject to verification. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for fraudulent communications including without limitation phone calls, mail, and e-mails made by or sent to entrants. The potential prizewinners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release ("Prize Claim Documents"). If a prizewinners are not of legal age of majority in his or her state of residence ("Minor") at Sponsor’s option, the prize package either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the prizewinner, or the parent or legal guardian of the prizewinner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. The Prize Claim Documents must be returned within the time frame indicated on the documents. If any potential prizewinner (or, in the case of a Minor, such Minor prizewinner’s parent or legal guardian) fails to return such documents within the prescribed time, or if the potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential prizewinner may be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries receive throughout the Sweepstakes Period. All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fess are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of any awarded prize. Acceptance of a prize package constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agents to use said prizewinner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state for all purposes and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation.
Depiction of the prize packages in any advertising, promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize packages delivered to the prizewinners. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of the prize packages or any portion thereof once it has been shipped by Sponsor or its agents. Prizewinners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize packages or any portion thereof after it has been delivered to the prizewinner.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby: (a) agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) releases the Promotion Entities from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to this Sweepstakes and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes, or use or misuse of the prize packages or any portion thereof; and (c) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling.
10. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant and their parent or legal guardian agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, with Sponsor, or otherwise, that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by internet users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with this Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, malfunction, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, tampering, or hacking; (iii) any injury or damage resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use and/or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant’s rights of publicity or privacy); or (iv) the entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any errors or failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes’ entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in an unsportslike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select prizewinner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL PROMOTION ENTITIES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or any legally required winners’ list http:www.foxsportsnorth. Any legally required winner’s list may be available for a period of thirty (30) days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. These Official Rules may not be available following the end of the Sweepstakes Period
Fox Sports Net North
800 LaSalle Avenue, #200
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402