Tundra Talk: Previewing Packers Week 12 game with Redskins, recapping loss to Titans
In the latest “Tundra Talk” podcast, the team discuss Mark Murphy’s comments, the Green Bay Packers’ defeat in Washington as well as a look ahead to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Consider this rock bottom. After a fourth defeat in a row, the Packers are on course for their first playoff-less season since 2008.
There’s a lot to discuss in this week’s podcast. Host Joe D’Aloisio is joined by Ralph Mancini and Thomas Friesen, looking at the state of the Green Bay Packers after Week 11.
On this week’s podcast, the team discuss:
- Packers president Mark Murphy’s comments
- Breaking down loss at Washington
- The performance of Clay Matthews
- Will Dom Capers be the scapegoat for the season?
- Aaron Rodgers and Jared Cook connection
- Previewing the Eagles
Green Bay’s season hinges on Monday night’s game at Philadelphia. A loss would put the Packers at 4-7 and in all kinds of trouble. They would enter Week 13 three games out of the NFC North lead, with Detroit hosting Minnesota on Thanksgiving Day.
PACKER PERSPECTIVE: Where is Ted Thompson?
ANALYSIS: Why the Packers lost at Washington
Time will tell whether the team can get it together. For that to happen, the defense will need to elevate its game. Clay Matthews’ return didn’t give the unit the spark it needed, and he looked lost out there.
Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and Dom Capers are on the hot seat, although Mark Murphy’s recent comments suggest there will be no kneejerk reactions to this season. Of course, Murphy isn’t going to publicly announce changes before the season is over, and he is always going to support his staff before their future is decided.
Maybe the next six games will determine the future of all three. Monday’s game could be the key.
You can listen to the full podcast above, or by clicking here.
More from Lombardi Ave
- Green Bay Packers: Week 11 special teams recap3h ago
- Destruction In The Capital: Why Green Bay Packers lost to Washington4h ago
- Lombardi Ave Picks 2016: National Football League Week 11 roundup5h ago
- Green Bay Packers News: Mark Murphy backs Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson6h ago
- Green Bay Packers: Stock up, stock down following loss to Redskins1 d ago