Sam Bradford won’t start for Minnesota Vikings in Week 1
Sam Bradford, who the Vikings traded a first and conditional fourth round pick for, may not even start in Week 1.
All that for a quarterback who won’t even start for the Vikings in Week 1.
It was reported Friday that Shaun Hill, not Bradford, would be the Vikings’ starting quarterback when they take on the Tennessee Titans Sunday in Nashville.
The #Vikings players were informed QB Shaun Hill is expected to start this week, sources say. The team hasn’t made a formal announcement.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 9, 2016
While it’s nearly impossible for Bradford to learn the entire Vikings playbook in only a week, it is slightly surprising that Minnesota is opting to go with Hill, especially considering how much they were willing to give up to acquire the seven-year pro.
The loss of Teddy Bridgewater is a huge blow to the Vikings’ chances in 2016, but the team is hoping that the addition of Bradford can help alleviate some of the damage. Unfortunately for the Vikings, it will take a couple more weeks to see if they made the right move.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Philadelphia Eagles are mostly healthy going into Week 111h ago
- Eagles: Things you may have missed volume 9 (Carson Wentz on Gruden’s QB Camp)12h ago
- This Philadelphia Eagles hype video is a must-see1 d ago
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cleveland Browns Week 1 preview1 d ago
- An exclusive one-on-one interview with Thomas Moore, editor of “Dawg Pound Daily”1 d ago