Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 12, citing Points Per Reception leagues only.
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of receptions, total yards, touchdowns and targets for the NFL's 12th weekend.
Note: These rankings come after the Raiders knocked off the Chiefs for their first victory of the year (Thursday) -- while also snapping a 16-game losing skid (dating back to last year).
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn't supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru's analysis (read: plausible deniability).
BYES: Pittsburgh, Carolina
TOP 30 PPR TIGHT ENDS
1. Rob Gronkowski vs. Detroit
2. Jimmy Graham vs. Baltimore
3. Julius Thomas vs. Miami
4. Charles Clay @ Denver
5. Martellus Bennett vs. Tampa Bay
6. Antonio Gates vs. St. Louis
7. Coby Fleener vs. Jacksonville
8. Jared Cook @ San Diego
9. Scott Chandler vs. N.Y. Jets (Detroit)
10. Kyle Rudolph vs. Green Bay
11. Delanie Walker @ Philadelphia
12. Jason Witten @ N.Y. Giants
13. Zach Ertz vs. Tennessee
14. Owen Daniels @ New Orleans
15. Jace Amaro vs. Buffalo (Detroit)
16. Larry Donnell vs. Dallas
17. Tim Wright vs. Detroit
18. Austin Seferian-Jenkins @ Chicago
19. John Carlson @ Seattle
20. Jordan Reed @ San Francisco
21. Garrett Graham vs. Cincinnati
22. Marcedes Lewis @ Indianapolis
23. Vernon Davis vs. Washington
24. Eric Ebron/Joseph Fauria @ New England
25. Brent Celek vs. Tennessee
26. Luke Willson vs. Arizona
27. Jermaine Gresham @ Houston
28. Niles Paul @ San Francisco
29. Andrew Quarless @ Minnesota
30. Levine Toilolo vs. Cleveland
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.