Week 14 injury report: Minnesota Vikings at Jacksonville Jaguars
Who will be out for week 14 of the NFL season when the Minnesota Vikings play the Jacksonville Jaguars and which players have a chance of suiting up?
The health of the Minnesota Vikings has been a struggle all season. Multiple players important to the team have missed multiple games with a wide variety of ailments, making a huge impact on their playoff hopes.
For week 14 against Jacksonville, things look pretty rough as well. It will take quite a bit to take on the Jaguars when the team isn’t at full health, but this contest is essential in getting the Vikings back on track.
Here is the full injury report as shared on the official Vikings.com website with some minor analysis for each team’s list of ailing players:
- Joe Berger, C – concussion
- Sharrif Floyd, DT – knee
- Harrison Smith, S – ankle
- Edmond Robinson, LB – hamstring
- Marcus Sherels, PR/CB – rib
Smith and Floyd are two of the best in the NFL at their positions. While Minnesota has a solid backup at center, it will be hard for them to make up for the huge skill set and versatility that Smith offers in the secondary. Meanwhile, Sharrif Floyd continues to be a confusing weekly scratch.
More from The Viking Age
- 5 questions behind enemy lines: Minnesota Vikings at Jacksonville Jaguars20h ago
- Purple People Podcast #229: Dak to the Future – A Vikings Podcast1 d ago
- Chad Greenway named Vikings Community Man of the Year1 d ago
- NFL week 14 picks and predictions: Vikings keep playoff hopes alive1 d ago
- Adrian Peterson will only return in 2016 if the Vikings are still in the playoff hunt2d ago
- Allen Hurns, WR – hamstring
- Jared Odrick, DE – shoulder
- Denard Robinson, RB – ankle
- Julius Thomas, TE – back
- Peyton Thompson, S – ankle
- Chris Ivory, RB – hamstring
- Dan Skuta, LB – elbow
- Brandon Linder, C – ankle
Hurns, Robinson, and Thomas can all be weapons on offense, so having all three on the shelf for the week 14 contest is good news for the Vikings. Defensively, Odrick has found some success in the past, but has struggled to recreate that this season.
Don’t miss the Minnesota Vikings taking on the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 14 of the 2016 NFL season. Hopes of staying in the race for the division championship as well as the playoff picture are on the line, making this game more important than ever.