Florida Gators Basketball: Chris Chiozza Named SEC Player Of The Week
Following the best stretch of games of his Florida Gators career, junior guard Chris Chiozza has received SEC Player of the Week honors.
The Florida Gators men’s basketball team has completed a run that could define the season. It ended a five-game losing streak to a championship-caliber foe and positioned itself to make a run at the SEC crown.
The most pleasant surprise of this dominant stretch was the emergence of junior point guard Chris Chiozza.
Chiozza was one of the most heralded recruits in the country when he arrived in Gainesville in 2014. He’s struggled to find his niche in the three seasons that have followed, but recently broke out with the best stretch of his career.
Behind the strength of his stellar performances, Chiozza earned the honor of being named the SEC Player of the Week.
— SEC (@SEC) February 6, 2017
Chiozza joins KeVaughn Allen as Gators who have earned said honor during the 2016-17 season.
More from Hail Florida Hail
- Florida Gators Basketball: Kasey Hill Dramatically Improves Legacy Against Kentucky1 d ago
- Florida Gators Basketball: UF Solidifies Resume With Blowout Of Kentucky1 d ago
- Florida Basketball: Did Chris Chiozza Break Out With Historic Performance?2d ago
- Florida Football Recruiting: Grading The Gators’ 2017 Recruiting Class3d ago
- Florida Football Recruiting: Jim McElwain Shocks Masses, Lands James Robinson4d ago