Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Adding Breiden Fehoko Would Be Big For Rebels
Although the official 2017 Ole Miss football recruiting class is in the books, there is still one great player left that the Rebels are trying to reel in.
Ole Miss has finished signing a top 35 signing class for their football team. However, one of the biggest prizes is still left unsigned. It comes in the form of Texas Tech transfer Breiden Fehoko. This 6’3, 287-pound defensive tackle is a hot commodity in college football, and the Ole Miss Rebels are definitely in need of his services.
The Rebels recruited Fehoko out of high school when he was in Honolulu, HI. However, Fehoko developed a great relationship with Texas Tech co-defensive coordinator Mike Smith, and committed to the Red Raiders early in 2014.
- 2/3 – Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Analyzing New Rebel Football Signees
- 2/1 – Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Four Tips to Prepare for National Signing Day
- 1/31 – Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Five Recruits the Rebels Need To Sign
- 1/27 – Ole Miss Basketball: Baylor Game Is A Must-Win for Rebels
- 1/25 – Ole Miss Football: A Brief Look at Early Spring Enrollees
Coming out of high school, Fehoko was a high four star rated defensive tackle. 247Sports ranked him as the 50th ranked all around player and the 8th best at his position. Teams such as Alabama, Oklahoma and Stanford all vied for the his talents. So he is still a key player many teams want.
It is understandable why. Fehoko started every game of his Red Raider’s career. He has 38 career tackles, 7.5 of them for loss. Fehoko has two career sacks and one interception. However, if you are focusing on his numbers you will miss his true impact on the field.
Fehoko is a guy who eats up blocks in the middle of that defensive line. He makes it difficult for running backs to run up the middle. Plus he makes life easier for outside speed rushers to get to the quarterback because he is requiring double teams up the middle.
— Linda Lee Fehoko (@Feholi) January 27, 2017
Although Fehoko would have to sit out his first year, he will have two years of eligibility left. He would come in and immediately compete for playing time once he is eligible. Adding him to a line that will include a then veteran Breeland Speaks and a seasoned Benito Jones will create a punishing force.
Want your voice heard? Join the Ole Hotty Toddy team!
The Rebels will be in a fight for his services though. Some feel that BYU is the team to beat. However, Ole Miss has started making inroads by sending Coach Tray Scott for a home visit. Coach Scott is an excellent recruiter and will make sure Fehoko knows how much Ole Miss desires his skills. Plus he will have a chance to see the campus. He is expected to visit Ole Miss in March.
Adding him to the Ole Miss defense would go a long way to recreating that landshark defense Ole Miss is known for playing. A player like Fehoko does not come available everyday. It would be nice to hear Hotty Toddy come from his mouth once he makes his decision.
More from Ole Hotty Toddy
- Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Analyzing New Rebel Football Signees4d ago
- Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Four Tips to Prepare for National Signing Day6d ago
- Ole Miss Football Recruiting: Five Recruits the Rebels Need To Sign1 w ago
- Ole Miss Basketball: Baylor Game Is A Must-Win for Rebels1 w ago
- Ole Miss Football: A Brief Look at Early Spring Enrollees1 w ago