Vince Young, Who The Titans Paid Over $50 Million, Files For Bankruptcy
Just eight years ago Young starred in the greatest college football game of all time, leading his Texas Longhorns to a last second victory over undefeated USC.
Now Young, just 30 years old, is bankrupt.
Per the Houston Chronicle:
"Attorney Brian Kilmer of Houston filed the petition last week in a Houston federal bankruptcy court on Young’s behalf, listing Young with estimated assets between $500,001 and $1 million and liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million."
How in the world did Young blow over fifty million dollars?
We dove into this last year on Outkick the Coverage.
1. Vince Young's favorite restaurant to hang out in? T.G.I. Friday's on Nashville's West End Avenue.
It was here he once dropped $6k on a meal for he and other players.
At a T.G.I.Friday's.
Players would congregate at the bar to hang out during Young's tenure in Nashville.
2. The bartenders, who got to know Vince thanks to his frequent visits at T.G.I. Friday's, told Vince they'd make him a "special" drink.
It was a melon drop.
Which VY had every time he came to the restaurant.
3. During his rookie season VY spent $5k a week at the Cheesecake Factory.
He always picked up the tab for multiple teammates.
4. On a 2007 Southwest flight from Nashville to Houston, VY bought all of the seats except for about ten passengers who'd bought tickets before he could buy the entire plane.
The plane seated 130 passengers, meaning VY purchased 120 of the seats.
5. After each home football game, VY headed for the Morton's downtown where he would sit at the bar and order $600 shots of Louis XIII.
That can add up in a hurry.
This is just the tip of the iceberg.
There's no telling what other spending stories must be out there.
Vince Young is still only thirty years old.
The eight years since he won a BCS title for Texas have been a truly wild ride.
And an expensive one.