Piston Powered News: Which starter will make the biggest leap?
In the Piston Powered News, Andre Drummond’s rim defense is critiqued, we ask if Reggie Jackson may be a savvier player in year two as a starter, and which starter will make the biggest leap?
In the Piston Powered News, our newest feature column, we’ll be keeping you up-to-date on recent events and posts on the site. We’ll also touch on news related to the Detroit Pistons across the scope of the internet. In addition, we will recap the most recent content from the site and if something slips through the cracks that is related to the Pistons, we’ll inform you about that as well.
- 8/30 – CBS Sports critiques Andre Drummond’s rim defense
- 8/30 – Reggie Jackson: A more basketball savvy player this season?
- 8/30 – Piston Powered News: Jalen Rose thinks KCP will have a great season
- 8/30 – Which Piston starter will make the biggest leap next season?
- 8/29 – Jalen Rose thinks Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is poised for a breakout season
In our review of yesterday’s news and events on Piston Powered, CBS Sports critiques Andre Drummond‘s rim defense, we ask if Reggie Jackson may be a savvier player in year two as a starting point guard and our newest writer, Jason Preston, discusses which Piston starter will make the biggest leap in 2016-17.
With no further ado, let’s get started.
By Duncan Smith
Harper makes an excellent point, pointing out the benefits of the perimeter defense that the Pistons feature thanks to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Stanley Johnson. If Drummond can improve his interior defense to the point where he’s no longer a weakness, the Pistons defense may improve significantly from fairly average to top-tier.
By Joe Imburgia
In his second full year as a starter, Van Gundy believes Reggie Jackson could become a more-savvy player with his experience from last season. Jackson learned by the end of the season that teams will focus their defense on him, knowing that he is the engine that makes Pistons offense run.
However, if I had to select one Piston who I believe will break out the best next year.. it would have to be Kentavious Caldwell-pope. It could easily be Andre Drummond or Stanley Johnson as both of those guys have a lot to improve, but they seem like it will be a process and not something that happens overnight, which is OK. But, there are several reasons in which I believe KCP will breakout the most for the pistons next year.
Check in tomorrow to see what’s new on Piston Powered and in the world of the Detroit Pistons.
More from PistonPowered
- CBS Sports critiques Andre Drummond’s rim defense9h ago
- Reggie Jackson: A more basketball savvy player this season?12h ago
- Piston Powered News: Jalen Rose thinks KCP will have a great season14h ago
- Which Piston starter will make the biggest leap next season?16h ago
- Jalen Rose thinks Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is poised for a breakout season1 d ago