NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA season is now in full swing, and five teams are still undefeated. The San Antonio Spurs fell from the ranks of the unbeaten on Tuesday night after a 106-91 loss to the Utah Jazz.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Philadelphia 76ers traded forward Jerami Grant to the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first-round pick, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• NBA veteran Ray Allen officially announced his retirement on The Player's Tribune. Allen hasn't played since the 2013-14 season, but has contemplated making a comeback each of the last two seasons.
• Los Angeles Lakers center Timofey Mozgov suffered multiple facial injuries in Tuesday's loss to the Indiana Pacers, reports ESPN's Baxter Holmes. Mozgov received four stitches to repair a cut in his mouth after taking an elbow to the face, and will undergo an MRI on Wednesday to determine if he has a fractured orbital bone.
• Jazz forward Alec Burks is out indefinitely after undergoing ankle surgery, the team announced.
• New York Knicks president Phil Jackson is “undermining” new head coach Jeff Hornacek, former Los Angeles Lakers head coach Byron Scott said on ESPN.
• Pacers center Myles Turner told Basketball Insiders that his team is shooting to be a top-four seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs this season.
• Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told TMZ that he wants to be a NBA head coach when he retires.