New York Islanders Daily: The Struggling Jason Chimera
As a unit the New York Islanders have struggled. That includes veteran Jason Chimera who hasn’t lived up to his expectations so far this year.
When the New York Islanders signed Jason Chimera they were hoping to get a cheaper and a more offensively productive player than Matt Martin. Well, Chimera isn’t giving you anything offensively and he doesn’t bring you the same physical presence that Martin does.
He’s got a point, Chimera isn’t going to be here long term. Chimera was signed to a two year deal and I wouldn’t expect him to be re-signed when his contract is up.
- 11/27 – New York Islanders Daily: The Struggling Jason Chimera
- 11/27 – New York Islanders: What Expansion Means for the Isles
- 11/26 – New York Islanders Jack Capuano’s System Is To Blame
- 11/26 – New York Islanders Roundtable: It’s Time for the Difficult Talk
- 11/26 – New York Islanders: My Holiday Guests (Part 4)
Why would you play him if he does nothing for your future and isn’t producing in the present. It would make more sense for the Islanders to play Strome even though he’s been just as bad on offense just because of his age and the likelihood of Strome being here long term.
The only reason to play Chimera is to showcase him for a trade. He’s got a team friendly contract and maybe someone takes a chance on him based off his 40 point year last year. The Isles would be much better suited scratching Chimera or trading him. Continuing to run him out there with no purpose is pointless.
Isles Tweet Of The Day
— IslesBlog (@IslesBlog) November 27, 2016
Playing dump and chase hockey in today’s NHL is pretty frustrating. What makes it worse is the Islanders already have good speed players.
Retool or rebuild? (Eyes On Isles)
The Islanders are clearly struggling is it time to blow it up or just tweak it? We answer those questions in this week’s roundtable.
Dump and chase partly to blame for Isles struggles (ESNY)
Justin Weiss of ESNY, agrees that playing dump and chase just makes no sense.
More from Eyes On Isles
- New York Islanders: What Expansion Means for the Isles30m ago
- New York Islanders Jack Capuano’s System Is To Blame15h ago
- New York Islanders Roundtable: It’s Time for the Difficult Talk19h ago
- New York Islanders: My Holiday Guests (Part 4)19h ago
- New York Islanders Daily: Finding Ways To Lose22h ago