Mavs beat Blazers in craziest game of the season
MAR 07, 2014 11:39p ET
The final score does not tell the half of it.
Want a rundown of quite possibly the craziest game of this NBA season?
Well, get a pen and pencil because you are going to want to take notes.
- Dallas opens the game on a 13-2 run over the first five minutes.
- After a Damian Lillard layup ends the first run, the Mavericks then go on a 9-0 run to extend their opening lead to 22-4.
- With the score 26-10, the Mavericks go on another run, this time outscoring Portland 7-0 over the last two minutes of the first quarter, extending their lead to 33-10.
- Dallas then went on a 7-0 run to start the second quarter. Portland called a timeout at the 10:18 mark, trailing 40-10.
- The teams would trade baskets for the rest of the quarter, and Portland closed the gap to a 19-point deficit at halftime, down 57-38.
Then, the real Portland Trail Blazers showed up.
- Portland outscored Dallas 36-18 in the 3rd quarter, and only trailed 75-74 entering the fourth.
- After a 6-1 run to start the 4th quarter, Portland took a 80-76 lead and would extend that lead to seven points, 89-82, with just over 8 minutes left in the game.
- Dallas goes on an 8-0 run and takes the lead, 90-89, with 7:15 left.
- Portland goes on a 9-2 run and leads 98-92 with 3:50 left.
- And, of course, Dallas goes on an 11-0 run to end the game and take home the hard fought 103-98 win.
Got that? Good...there will be a test tomorrow.