Claiborne going to camp regardless of contract
JUL 15, 2012 10:42p ET
"You hear a lot of talk about people saying I'm holding out. No I'm not holding out," the rookie cornerback told the Shreveport Times on Friday. "I'm going to camp signed or not signed. It don't matter."
Claiborne, who was selected sixth overall by the Cowboys in April, is in the same situation as the other top eight picks, none of whom have signed a contract.
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said last month that the offset language was what was holding up the deal with Claiborne. That language represents what a team is required to pay a player if he is cut from the roster.
"There are some details to work though," Jones said. "That's what we're doing, but I don't see any reason to be alarmed or concerned."
Claiborne's contract is projected to be similar to the one Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones signed last year. Jones, who was the sixth overall selection in 2011, inked a four-year, $16.2 million deal.
After missing all of organized team activities and mini-camp rehabilitating his surgically-repaired left wrist, Claiborne said he was looking forward to finally hitting the field with his Cowboys teammates.
"I can't wait," Claiborne said. "It's been a while because of my wrist; so far, so good. It's getting healthy and I'm ready for camp to start."
Follow Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota