NFL

Cutler: Big money could have lured Favre

NewsCore
Share This Story

   
 

HOW CAN WE FORGET?

In one of the most storied NFL careers, we rank the top Brett Favre moments.

Injured Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said Wednesday he believed former MVP Brett Favre would have made a comeback to the NFL if he was offered a big-money deal.

Earlier Wednesday, the 42-year-old Favre nixed rumors that he could be available for a team in need of a quarterback. Speculation in recent weeks linked him to the Houston Texans and the Bears after both teams lost their starters to injuries.

"In spite of reports about playing with various teams, I'm enjoying retirement with my family and have no plans to play football," Favre said in a statement on his website.

"I haven't contacted nor have been contacted by any teams and all reports are inaccurate."

Cutler, who has been sidelined indefinitely with a thumb injury, said Favre probably would have returned for the right price.

"Brett probably would have come back, but I'm sure it would have to be a very, very high number money-wise, and it would have been interesting," Cutler told ESPN radio.

Favre retired after last season following an injury-plagued year with the Minnesota Vikings.

He has said previously over the past year that he has no interest in returning to the NFL, despite his history of being lured out of retirement.

Tagged: Bears, Vikings, Brett Favre, Jay Cutler

Related Stories

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by


More Than Sports on MSN