Cowboys have not spoken to Greg Hardy about return

BY foxsports • March 21, 2016

The Dallas Cowboys have not had any discussions with Greg Hardy about the defensive end returning for the 2016 season.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones was asked about Hardy on Sunday, and he made it clear that re-signing Hardy is, at the very least, not a priority.

He’s a free agent,” Jones said. “A free agent that we haven’t had discussions with, if you want to say that.”

That almost certainly means Hardy is done in Dallas, which would mesh with a report we heard last month.

Hardy got off to a fast start with the Cowboys but ended up with just two sacks over his final eight games last season. For a while, Jerry Jones sung his praises and said he considers the 27-year-old a leader. After some disturbing photos from Hardy’s domestic violence incident emerged, Jones changed his tune. More recently, Jones admitted that Hardy’s off-field issues were a distraction for the Cowboys.

Hardy is still in his prime and is a tremendous pass rusher, so you know some NFL team is going to take a chance on him. Just count on him being in a different uniform this summer.

 

 



share story