Edgar already told FOX Sports earlier this week that he’s been messaging UFC president Dana White non-stop since UFC 196 ended to try and land the fight with McGregor this summer.
"I’m trying already. On the post-fight show I asked Dana right away, what’s the deal? What’s up with Conor? Who’s getting him next? He said he didn’t know. I’ve been texting him trying to set up a meeting," Edgar said. "Eventually, we’re going to get on the phone, hopefully this week."
For his part, McGregor hasn’t said much since dropping by submission to Nate Diaz last Saturday night outside of a couple Instagram posts.
McGregor released his latest late Wednesday night but obviously gave no indication on what comes next for him when he returns to the UFC.
A photo posted by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on
All signs are pointing towards McGregor taking one of the key spots at UFC 200 on July 9, thus the reference in Edgar’s call out. As of now, UFC officials haven’t made any decisions regarding UFC 200 or McGregor’s next opponent.