A timeline of Lamar Odom's personal and professional events
LOS ANGELES (AP) Lamar Odom became a basketball star in 1999 when the Los Angeles Clippers drafted him. He became a reality-TV star 10 years later when he married Khloe Kardashian in a season-opening episode of ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians.''
He continued to appear on the show while he was winning NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers. Odom and his wife also starred in their own E! reality show, ''Khloe & Lamar,'' for two seasons. Cameras tracked the couple's relationship troubles through 2014.
Odom, 35, was hospitalized Tuesday after being found unconscious at a brothel near Las Vegas. The Kardashians discussed his well-being on the show earlier this month.
Here's a timeline of key moments in Odom's life, personally and professionally:
- Nov. 6, 1979: Lamar Joseph Odom is born in Queens, New York.
- 1998: His first child, Destiny, is born to Odom and a girlfriend.
- June 1999: The Los Angeles Clippers select Odom in the first round of the NBA draft as the fourth overall pick. Odom plays four seasons with the team.
- 2000: Odom is named to the NBA All-Rookie first team.
- 2002: His second child, Lamar Jr., is born to Odom and his girlfriend.
- 2003-04: Odom plays one season with the Miami Heat.
- 2004: Odom helps the U.S. basketball team win a bronze medal at the Olympics in Athens.
- 2004: Odom joins the Los Angeles Lakers, playing for the team for seven seasons and winning the NBA championship in 2009 and 2010.
- 2005: Third child, Jayden, is born to Odom and his girlfriend.
- June 29, 2006: Jayden dies of SIDS while sleeping in his crib in New York.
- November 2009: Odom and Khloe Kardashian marry on camera to open the fourth season of ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians'' in an episode called ''The Wedding.''
- September 2010: Odom wins a gold medal with the U.S. national team at the world basketball championships in Turkey.
- April 2011: Odom and Kardashian launch their own reality show, ''Khloe & Lamar.'' Odom wins the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award.
- December 2011: The Lakers trade Odom to the Dallas Mavericks.
- April 2012: Odom's difficulty adjusting to the move is featured on an episode of ''Khloe & Lamar.'' Subsequent episodes track his growing depression. He and the Mavericks part ways.
- June 2012: Odom is traded to Clippers, where he averages 4 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists in a reserve role.
- July 2012: ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians'' films Odom and Kardashian's return to Los Angeles.
- July 2013: Odom becomes a free agent but is not signed by another NBA team.
- August 2013: Odom is arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Los Angeles. He pleads no contest and receives three years' probation.
- November 2013: ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians'' touches on the family's reaction to Odom's recent troubling behavior.
- December 2013: Kardashian files for divorce from Odom in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences.
- January 2014: Odom's personal problems come up on early episodes of the reality show's ninth season.
- February 2014: Odom announces a short-term deal to play with Spanish basketball club Baskonia. He is injured a month later.
- March 2014: Khloe's reaction to an online video of Odom slurring and rapping is featured on the show.
- April 2014: Odom signs with the New York Knicks near the end of the regular season, but he doesn't play and is waived in July.
- August 2014: Odom turns up in another ''Kardashians'' episode, this time as an uninvited guest at an event starring Khloe's new flame.
- Oct. 13, 2015: Odom is hospitalized after being found unconscious at a brothel outside Las Vegas.