Chad Kelly named SEC Offensive Player of the Week
Chad Kelly is quickly becoming one of the league's best offensive players for Ole Miss. After amassing over 400 yards of total offense on the road at Auburn and helping earn another SEC victory, Kelly was honored by the league office and named SEC Offensive Player of the Week.
Via the SEC Week Nine Player of the Week press release:
• Topped 400 yards of total offense and tossed two big second-half touchdowns to lead Ole Miss to a 27-19 road win at Auburn.
• Completed 33 of 51 passes for 381 yards with two TDs and rushed eight times for 21 yards.
• Broke a tied game with a 45-yard TD toss in the third quarter and threw a 21-yard scoring strike in the fourth quarter with the Rebels clinging to a one-point lead.
• Extended his single-season school record with his sixth 300-yard passing game and moved into third on the career chart behind Bo Wallace (11) and Eli Manning (10).
• Leads the SEC in total offense (335.3 ypg) and passing average (317.3 ypg).