No. 25 Texas A&amp,M 86, Wagner 51

No. 25 Texas A&amp,M 86, Wagner 51

Published Dec. 22, 2010 4:12 a.m. ET

Texas A&M had no problem keeping its focus against Wagner on Tuesday night.

David Loubeau scored 16 points and the No. 25 Aggies used a big first-half run and topped Wagner 86-51.

The game was tied 13-13 in the first half when the Aggies (11-1) went on an 11-0 run including consecutive baskets by Loubeau - to surge past Wagner (4-7).

''This is one of those games that scares you as a coach, because it's right before Christmas,'' Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon said. ''Just keeping their attention is tough.''


After the first seven minutes, it wasn't a problem. Texas A&M led 40-20 at the half, on the strength of outscoring Wagner 22-4 in the paint over the first 20 minutes.

The Aggies have won eight consecutive games, while the Seahawks have lost four straight.

B.J. Holmes added 12 points for the Aggies. Chris Martin led the Seahawks with a game-high 17 points.

Texas A&M outrebounded Wagner 47-20, including 16-3 on the offensive end.

''We were bigger and stronger, so we should have outrebounded them like that,'' said A&M forward Nathan Walkup, who got his second consecutive double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. ''No matter who we play it's one of our goals to dominate the glass. If you win the battle on the boards, that gives you a chance to win each night.''

Texas A&M also has won 71 consecutive nonconference regular season games at home. Texas A&M's bench outscored Wagner's 34-4, and the Aggies handled Wagner in second-chance points 19-1.

''They're physical and well-coached,'' Wagner coach Dan Hurley said. ''They're by far the best team we've played. They present a ton of problems.''

With 14:12 remaining in the game, Texas A&M's Kourtney Roberson and Wagner's Clayfell Harris became entangled, spun toward the sideline and fell into members of the Aggie Dance Team, who were sitting on the floor to the left of the basket.

No one was hurt. Roberson and Harris received technical fouls. Harris then received another as he was walking away, and was ejected from the game.

''Their arms got locked up and no one was going to let it go,'' Turgeon said.

Roberson was also ejected from Saturday's 71-62 overtime victory over Arkansas in Dallas for coming off the bench during a brief skirmish.

''He pleaded innocence on Saturday and he pleaded innocence today,'' Turgeon said of Roberson. ''But I told him where there's smoke, there's fire.''