Walker committed to York cause

Chelsea have written to the Football Association to contest any

attempt to extend Eden Hazard’s ban for kicking out a ballboy at

Swansea.

The 22-year-old midfielder is currently serving a three-match

suspension following his clash with 17-year-old Charlie Morgan

during the second leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final against the

Swans at the Liberty Stadium earlier this month.

However the FA has charged Hazard over the incident, stating the

standard sanction for violent conduct was “clearly insufficient” in

the Belgian’s case.

Chelsea argue a further ban would be excessive and will discover

this week whether their challenge has succeeded. They are then

entitled to accept or appeal against the FA’s ruling.

Blues manager Rafa Benitez said at the weekend: “At the moment,

we will accept that three games is enough. So we will see what

happens.

“For a player that was in a cup competition, with this intensity

and in the way that things are going on, I think that a three-game

ban is enough.”

Becchio demanded a transfer earlier this month, and he has

attracted attention from a number of clubs.

Leeds have rejected bids from the continent, but now a deal with

Norwich looks to be close, with Morison included as part of the

package.

With the deadline coming in little over 24 hours, it is

understands both players are heading in the opposite direction for

talks.

Becchio has scored 19 goals for Leeds this season and has two

years left on his current deal – but talks over a fresh contract

have stalled.

Morison has made just four starts this season after Chris

Hughton took charge at Carrow Road.

The 24-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer, has been

a key player for Vale as they have taken League Two by storm this

season, making 28 appearances and scoring three goals.

Posh, who look set to lose George Boyd to Crystal Palace, may

see Burge as an ideal replacement and could be tempted to make a

bid before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night.

Darren Ferguson’s side have also been linked with Vale striker

Tom Pope, who has scored 25 goals this season.

The 28-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer, has

scored eight goals for the Minstermen this campaign in their first

year back in the Football League.

He caught the attention of a number of clubs last year and could

still be the target of further interest before the January transfer

window shuts on Thursday night.

Walker remains committed to the Minstermen, but is keen to test

himself at a higher level.

“Obviously I’m hungry to play and prove myself at the highest

level possible,” he said.

“But I’m a York City player and until I hear otherwise I’m 100

per cent focused on helping us get into the play-offs.”