Watch Kevin Durant throw down his first points with the Warriors
We know, it's only the preseason, but ... here's Kevin Durant throwing down his first points as a member of the Golden State Warriors:
It was one of only two buckets he scored Saturday night against the Toronto Raptors — the other was a 3. (He's officially a Warrior!)
Durant, booed when he had the ball, finished with nine points, four rebounds and three assists in 18 minutes, shooting just 2 of 9, and — gasp! — the Warriors lost, 97-93. There goes their chance at winning every game they play from now until June.
Here are a few more meaningless stats to draw conclusions from:
● Klay Thompson took the most shots, 13, and scored a game-high 16 points.
● Steph Curry had eight points and missed 4 of 5 threes in 16 minutes.
● Draymond Green had more fouls (4) than points (2) and missed both of his shots in 17 minutes.
● Rookie Patrick McCaw led the Warriors' bench with 11 points, five steals and four assists.
● Warriors were out-rebounded 58-42.
● Both teams were terrible: Neither could shoot from the field or the line, and both teams turned it over more than 20 times.
● By the way, Harrison Barnes scored 12 points in 17 minutes in Dallas' 116-102 loss to New Orleans in the other game of the night.
Next up: the Warriors host the Clippers on Tuesday.