Agent: Steelers’ Harrison expected back in 2016
The agent for Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison says his client plans to return for a 13th season in 2016, according to a report.
Harrison, who will return 38 in May, refused to disclose any decision on his future after the Steelers were eliminated in the postseason against Denver in the divisional round. His agent, Bill Parise, told ESPN.com that he expects Harrison to finish out the two-year contract he signed last year.
“He's under contract for one more year. We plan to honor that.”Article continues below ...
Harrison played in 15 games this season, splitting time with Jarvis Jones. While Jones started 15 games, Harrison played 55 percent of the team’s defensive snaps compared to 41 percent for Jones, according to Football Outsiders. Harrison finished third on the team with five sacks.
General manager Kevin Colbert is also anticipating Harrison’s return, according to Chris Bradford of the Beaver County Times. Having a situational pass rusher for the low price of $1.25 million is obviously a no-brainer for Colbert, while his locker room presence is an added bonus.
"He teaches guys how to be pros," Colbert said via ESPN.com.
Colbert says he anticipates James Harrison will return for 2016. … Says door hasn't been shut on Boykin or Cortez Allen.
— Chris Bradford (@BCTBradford) February 16, 2016