United set for big away support
Although the Merseyside giants have yet to confirm exactly how many tickets they have decided to allocate their fierce north-west rivals, tradition dictates United will get the entire bottom tier of the Anfield Road stand, which holds just under 6,400.
And Liverpool City Council have informed Red Devils supporters that objections to them getting their full allocation, which resulted in ticket numbers for the Premier League encounter between the two clubs in October being cut, have now been removed.
Instead, the two seats at the end of each row, amounting to around 300, will not be sold.
"We have taken into account the improvement of the Manchester United supporters at the most recent Premier League fixture relating to the blocking of gangways and aisles," said Stephen Clare Liverpool City Council's principal licensing officer.
"Migration was still occurring to the rear of the stand but not to the extent of previous years.
"However, due to the large increase in capacity for this fixture we've deemed it necessary to inform (Liverpool FC) that two seats from either side of the radial gangways from the top to the bottom of the terrace should not be sold for safety reasons.
"This will be in addition to the normal segregation line that was in place for the most recent FA Cup tie, where the Anfield Road stand abuts the Lower Centenary Stand.
"Liverpool FC will be responsible for determining the actual numbers that this will result in."
United are bound to be delighted with the news given the huge number of supporters who are bound to want to attend the fixture.
It is also understood additional security will be present and the front row of the top tier of the Anfield Road stand will not be sold in a bid to ensure the United fans do not come under fire from unsavoury objects thrown from above, as was the case when the two sides last met in the FA Cup at Anfield, in 2006.
There is also certain to be a significant police presence for what will be the first meeting between the teams since the confrontation between Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez, which resulted in the Uruguayan receiving an eight-match ban for racist comments.
Suarez will still be suspended for the cup tie, a date for which should be confirmed by the Football Association in the next 48 hours.
However, he would be available for any replay, in addition to the Premier League game at Old Trafford on February 11.
Javier Hernandez has scored United's last two goals at Anfield, including an 81st-minute equaliser this term.
However, although the Mexican has shown flashes of the form that saw him make a devastating impact during last season's debut campaign, he has struggled to offer a consistent threat.
Hernandez has not scored in five games since his effort against Newcastle at Old Trafford in November, his longest run without finding the net in his entire 18 months with the Red Devils.
The 23-year-old was an unused substitute in Sunday's win at Manchester City and now appears to have fallen behind Danny Welbeck in Sir Alex Ferguson's list of strikers.
Not that Hernandez is too dismayed at the downturn in fortunes.
"There are different circumstances because I have had more injuries this season than last year, but I am still enjoying it," Hernandez told MUTV.
"I am still learning and working hard, trying to improve day by day.
"Each year it is going to be more difficult.
"In the first season, not only the defenders but also the coaches didn't know me.
"Now, and in the third and fourth seasons, they are going to know me even more.
"But good players like Wayne (Rooney), (Robin) Van Persie and (Didier) Drogba have been here five, six years or more and still play at the same high level.
"I need to keep working to do the same."