Prosecutors say the sex assault case against football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has not yet gone before a grand jury.
The office of Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe (ZOO'-guh-bee) said Wednesday that Taylor's next court appearance has been postponed from Thursday to June 24.
The office said prosecutors are waiting for results of forensic testing by the FBI. It said the case is expected to go before a grand jury "in the near future.''
The 51-year-old Taylor was charged last month with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute for allegedly paying $300 to have sex with a 16-year-old girl at a suburban New York City hotel. His lawyer has denied the charges.
Taylor anchored the Giants' defense and led them to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team. A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986.