The Latest: Bills GM tells AP team continues to back McCoy

<p>
              FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2017 file photo, LeSean McCoy of the Buffalo Bills, left, and Delicia Cordon arrive at the 6th annual NFL Honors at the Wortham Center in Houston. Cordon, McCoy's ex-girlfriend, is suing the Buffalo Bills running back for failing to protect her after she was bloodied, beaten and had $133,000 worth of jewelry stolen during a home invasion last month. (Photo by John Salangsang/Invision for NFL/AP Images, File)
            </p>

ATLANTA (AP) — The Latest on Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy’s eviction proceedings against an ex-girlfriend (all times local):

6:40 p.m.

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane tells The Associated Press no “legit evidence” has come to light in a lawsuit filed against LeSean McCoy to change the running back’s status as a member of the team.

Beane reiterated what he said at the start of training camp last month by saying he foresees McCoy being in the Bills lineup to start the regular season.

Beane spoke to The AP following the team’s practice at its training camp facility in suburban Rochester, New York, on Tuesday. He is the first Bills official to speak publicly since McCoy’s ex-girlfriend filed a lawsuit in Fulton County, Georgia, on Friday.

Delicia Cordon is suing McCoy for failing to protect her after she was bloodied, beaten and had $133,000 worth of jewelry stolen during a home invasion last month. She also alleges McCoy would “often brutally beat his dog,” and would also “aggressively, physically discipline and beat his young son.”

McCoy has previously denied the allegations, calling them “totally baseless” and “completely false.”

Beane says he takes the allegations seriously, but adds a police investigation is ongoing and nothing has been revealed to back up the allegations.

— AP Sports Writer John Wawrow reporting from Pittsford, New York