Taylor declared low-risk sex offender
A New York judge has ruled that ex-pro football star Lawrence Taylor is a low-risk sex offender.
Taylor pled guilty in January to sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute. He was sentenced last month to probation.
Rockland County Court Judge William Kelly said Taylor was not targeting children. He also said Taylor is unlikely to ever commit the same crime.
Taylor has said the girl told him she was 19. She actually was 16.
Prosecutors argued for a level 2 designation. Instead, the judge chose the lower level 1 designation. The decision means Taylor's photo will not be posted on the online registry of sexual offenders.
The NFL Hall of Fame member did not attend the hearing Tuesday.