Aaron Hernandez criminal cases timeline

Published May. 14, 2014 3:06 p.m. ET

Aaron Hernandez, formerly the star tight end for the New England Patriots, has been accused of three shootings that left three men dead and two others wounded — allegations laid out in criminal charges in two of the cases and in a civil lawsuit filed in federal court in the third.

Prosecutors in Boston allege that early the morning of July 16, 2012, Hernandez pulled up next to a car in South Boston and opened fire, killing immigrants Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, and wounding another man.

Alexander Bradley, alleged to have been with Hernandez when de Abreu and Furtado were killed, alleged in a federal civil lawsuit that Hernandez shot him in the face in Florida and left him for dead early the morning of Feb. 13, 2013.

And prosecutors in Fall River, Mass., allege that late on the evening of June 16, 2013, that Hernandez summoned two associates, Carlos Ortiz, and Ernest Wallace Jr., from Bristol, Conn., to his home in North Attleboro, Mass. From there, the three of them allegedly drove to the Dorchester section of Boston and picked up Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancée. The four of them allegedly then returned the approximately 40 miles to North Attleboro, where prosecutors have accused Hernandez of driving into a secluded field in an industrial park. There, shortly before 3:30 a.m. on June 17, prosecutors allege that Hernandez, Ortiz and Wallace were involved in the murder of Lloyd, who was shot multiple times.

Hernandez has been indicted by two separate grand juries on multiple charges: one count of murder and five weapons charges in Lloyd’s death; and two counts of murder, three counts of assault with intent to commit murder and a weapons charge in the killings of de Abreu and Furtado.

To date, six people in addition to Hernandez have been charged with crimes related to the incidents:

* Ortiz, originally charged with weapons possession, was later indicted as an accessory after the fact and then ultimately with murder in Lloyd’s killing. He is awaiting trial.


* Wallace, originally indicted as an accessory after the fact, was later indicted on a murder charge in Lloyd’s death. He is awaiting trial.

* Shayanna Jenkins, Hernandez’s fiancée, has been indicted on a perjury charge, alleging that she lied to a grand jury. She is awaiting trial.

* Tanya Singleton, a cousin of Hernandez’s, was indicted on charges of contempt for refusing to testify before a grand jury and conspiracy to commit accessory after the fact to murder for allegedly helping Wallace flee to Florida in Lloyd’s killing; and with contempt for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating the murders of de Abreu and Furtado.

* Bradley, was arrested on charges of failing to answer a subpoena to testify before a grand jury and was forced to appear before the grand jury.

* Oscar Hernandez, no relation to the former Patriot, was charged in federal court with obstruction of justice, witness tampering and lying under oath in a case in which he is alleged to have been involved in the transportation of three guns from Florida to Massachusetts that have been linked to Aaron Hernandez.

The following timeline of events in the in the murders of de Abreu, Furtado and Lloyd and the subsequent arrest of Hernandez is laid out by detectives and prosecutors in search and arrest warrant affidavits and other court and police records on file in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Florida and in exhibits and testimony in Hernandez’s trail in Lloyd’s death. In all cases, the movements of Hernandez and people close to him are alleged by investigators and prosecutors based on cell phone records, surveillance camera images, interviews with witnesses and observations made by law officers, all of which are documented in police reports or court documents examined by FOX Sports or exhibits or testimony introduced in Hernandez’s trial.

Exact or approximate times that are included were drawn from those public records. In instances where an event is based solely on a media report, that is noted.

In addition, information was drawn from other publicly available records, including the University of Florida Media Guide and the New England Patriots Media Guide.

12:30 a.m.: Hernandez and a man later identified as Alexander Bradley enter Cure Lounge in south Boston just behind a group of five men, including Safiro Furtado, 28, and Daniel de Abreu, 29. Inside the club, Hernandez and Bradley head to the lower level, where there are no security cameras. Hernandez downs two quick drinks before the pair leaves a short time later.

1:17 a.m.: Hernandez drives out of the parking garage with Bradley in the front passenger seat.

2:10 a.m.: Furtado, de Abreu and three friends leave Cure Lounge.

2:17 a.m.: As Furtado, de Abreu and their friends walk toward a parking garage, a silver Toyota 4Runner believed to be the one driven by Hernandez moves slowly down the street next to the men, then turns a corner and disappears.

2:20 a.m.: The 4Runner drives by again slowly as two of the men are waiting on the sidewalk while the others go into the garage and get the their car.

Hernandez had a standout career at the University of Florida but wasn't drafted until the fourth round, possibly because of character concerns.

2:32 a.m.: Someone pulls up next to the vehicle de Abreu is driving a few blocks from the nightclub and opens fire. Another passenger in the car is wounded, and two others escape unharmed. Witnesses describe a silver SUV with Rhode Island license plates.

Oscar Hernandez Jr. withdraws funds deposited in the account.

May 3, 2013

Hernandez rents an apartment in Franklin, Mass., that will come to be known as his “flophouse.”

1 to 1:30 a.m. (approximate): Hernandez walks to the black Suburban he is driving, which is parked at the curb in front of the W Hotel near Rumor. He has a valet remotely unlock the car and while Hernandez has the driver’s door open the valet’s supervisor walks toward the car and sees Hernandez with his shirt up and what he believes to be a black semiautomatic pistol tucked into his waistband. The supervisor notifies a hotel security officer, and they follow Hernandez for a time as he walks back in the direction of the club. Prosecutors will later allege that there was a dispute in the club involving Hernandez and Lloyd.

2 a.m. (approximate): Jennifer Fortier, who is a regular babysitter for Hernandez and Jenkins, is leaving a nearby club with her best friend, Amanda DaVito, when they see Hernandez, Lloyd and another man in the Suburban. She calls to him and he tells her to get in. Fortier and DaVito do and ask Hernandez to give them a ride to their car. Instead, Hernandez drives in the opposite direction and heads toward his North Attleboro home despite Fortier asking him numerous times to take her to her car. Hernandez and the other two men smoke pot and sing along to rap music during the drive.

3 a.m. (approximate): Hernandez stops down the street from his home to let out the third man with them. He does not drive all the way to his house because he doesn’t want Jenkins to see his vehicle. He then drives to his “flop house” in Franklin.

10:30 a.m. (approximate): Lloyd is at Hernandez’s home in North Attleboro; the two of them discuss returning a black Chevrolet Suburban that Hernandez rented and that Lloyd has been driving.

4 p.m. (approximate): Jennifer Fortier is contacted and asked to babysit for Hernandez and Jenkins at their home so the two of them can go out to dinner to celebrate Father’s Day.

7:45 p.m. (approximate): Fortier arrives at Hernandez’s home.

Hernandez's success with the Patriots led to his signing a five-year, $40 million contract extension before the 2012 season.

8:45 p.m. (approximate): Hernandez and Jenkins go out to dinner to celebrate Father’s Day, heading to the South Street Café in Providence, where they are joined by two other couples.

9:02 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to the phone of his associate, Wallace, who is is in Bristol, Conn., about two hours away. It reads: “please make it back cuZ I’m Def trying to step for alittle.”

9:05 p.m. (approximate): A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Lloyd: “I’m coming to grab that tonight u gon b around I need dat and we could step for a little again.”

9:34 p.m. (approximate): A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Lloyd: “Whaddup.”

9:35 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Wallace’s phone: “Get ur as up here.” It also says “if I don’t answer call shay” and provides Jenkins’ phone number.

9:37 p.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Hernandez’s phone: “Aite, where.” At the same time, a ticket is opened at the café for Hernandez and his party.

9:39 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Lloyd: “idk it don’t matter but imma hit u when I’m dat way like Las time if my phone dies imma hit u when I charge it which will be in a lil”

10 p.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Hernandez’s phone: “Aite idk anything going on”

10:13 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Lloyd: “I’ll figure it out ill hit u on way”

10:21 p.m.: A text is sent from another Hernandez associate, Ortiz, to Hernandez. Ortiz is with Wallace in Bristol. The text reads: “On r way a...God Bless.”

10:22 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’ phone to Ortiz’s phone: “Bet hurry up tell fish to drive n----.”

10:23 p.m.: A text is sent from Hernandez’s phone to Wallace’s phone: “Hurry ur as up n----.”

10:24 p.m.: A text is sent from Wallace’s phone to Hernandez’s phone: “K”

10:24 p.m.: A text is sent from Ortiz’s phone to Hernandez’s phone: “He its.”

11:40 p.m. (approximate): Hernandez’s cell phone drops off AT&T’s network, either because the battery dies or because it is turned off.

12:19 a.m.: Hernandez pays the tab for the group’s food and drink, which included food and 30 alcoholic drinks – 11 Hennessy cognacs, 2 Grey Goose vodkas, 7 Bud Lights and 10 drinks known as Sex on the Beach. The total tab of $273.45, which included a $30 tip, is paid by Hernandez, using a credit card. Hernandez and Jenkins leave the café and head to their home.

12:22 a.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Hernandez’s phone: “We still on”

12:40 a.m.: Hernandez arrives in the driveway at his home in a white Audi SUV. He is with Jenkins and meets Wallace and Ortiz. The four of them walk into the home.

Unknown time (just after 12:40 a.m.): Hernandez moves through the living room of his home, passing what appears to be a handgun back and forth between his hands. Ortiz later tells investigators that he sees Hernandez “walk down into the basement carrying a large handgun” and that “he had a conversation with Mr. Hernandez and that Mr. Hernandez appeared to be upset and made a statement about not being able to trust anyone.”

1 a.m. (approximate): Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz leave Hernandez’s home. Hernandez is wearing a white, hooded sweatshirt, dark pants and light shoes. Ortiz is wearing a short-sleeve, light-colored shirt, dark pants and dark sneakers. Wallace is wearing a blue-and-white, long-sleeved shirt and dark pants. He appears to be carrying a light-colored plastic bag in his right hand. All three walk down the driveway toward the street and out of the view of a surveillance camera.

Unknown time (shortly after 1 a.m.): A silver four-door Nissan Altima reverses up the driveway and parks near the garage. Wallace gets out of the front passenger seat and walks to the rear of the vehicle while “apparently manipulating an object in his hands.” He opens the trunk and appears to move something inside the trunk, then appears to hand something to Hernandez. The three men leave the car and walk into the garage.

1:12 a.m.: The three men walk out of the garage and get into the Nissan Altima. Wallace takes the wheel, Hernandez climbs into the front passenger seat, and Ortiz gets into the back seat on the driver’s side. The vehicle heads down the driveway. The driver’s side mirror is intact. The car heads out of North Attleboro and south on Interstate 95 toward Pawtucket, R.I., before reversing course and heading north on I-95 toward Boston.

1:22 a.m.: The first of five calls is placed from Wallace’s phone to Lloyd.

1:52 a.m.: A call is placed from Wallace’s phone to Lloyd’s phone.

Unknown time (just after 2 a.m.): The silver Nissan stops at a filling station in Canton, located between North Attleboro and Boston. Hernandez is driving; Wallace is in the front passenger seat; and Ortiz is in the back seat with what appears to be a light-colored towel draped around his neck. The drive from Hernandez’s home to the filling station should have taken about 25 minutes, but about 50 minutes have passed since the Nissan left Hernandez’s home.

Unknown time (just after 2 a.m.): Fortier leaves after chatting with Jenkins for nearly an hour.

2:09 a.m.: Hernandez uses a credit card to pay for about 18 gallons of gas and cash to pay for a cigar and cotton-candy-flavored Bubble Yum bubble gum, and the men leave. Hernandez drives, Wallace is in the right front seat and Ortiz is in the back seat.

Unknown Time: Lloyd’s sister, Shaquilla Thibou, is outside the home they share in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, talking to her boyfriend.

2:24 a.m.: A call is placed from Wallace’s phone to Lloyd’s phone.

2:25 a.m.: A call is placed from Wallace’s phone to Lloyd’s phone.

2:32 a.m.: The last of five calls is placed from Wallace’s phone to Lloyd.

2:33 a.m.: The silver Nissan Altima arrives at Lloyd’s home. Lloyd gets into the rear passenger door. The driver’s side mirror is intact. Thibou later tells detectives that she sees Lloyd get into the rear passenger door of the car and that she believes there are three other men in the vehicle.

Unknown time: Ortiz hears Hernandez confront Lloyd about the fact he was “chilling” with people the player had problems with, but he believes the two men smooth over the tension and sees them shake hands.

2:52 a.m.: The Nissan runs through a toll booth without stopping to pay on I-90 near the interchange with I-95 west of Boston.

Unknown time: A call is placed from Hernandez’s phone to Wallace’s phone.

3:07 a.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Thibou: “U saw who I’m with.” Around the same time, Thibou, whose phone has died, enters her home and plugs the phone into a charger.

3:11 a.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Thibou: “Hello”

3:19 a.m.: Thibou sends a text to Lloyd: “My phone was dead who was that?”

3:20 a.m.: The silver Nissan Altima turns onto John L. Dietsch Boulevard, traveling north.

3:22 a.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Thibou: “Nfl.” Thibou interprets that as short for National Football League and that Lloyd is referring to Hernandez.

3:22 a.m.: Thibou sends a text to Lloyd: “Lol your aggy.”

3:23 a.m.: Lloyd sends a text to Thibou: “Just so u know.”

3:23 a.m.: The silver Nissan Altima enters a secluded area at 344 John L. Dietsch Blvd. in North Attleboro. The area is surrounded by woods and mounds of dirt, gravel and asphalt.

Sometime between 3 and 3:30 a.m.: An employee of a nearby business, sitting in his truck while on break, hears what he describes as three gunshots and a car door slamming. Two other employees of the same business also hear what they describe as a series of bangs they assume to be fireworks.

3:27 a.m.: The Nissan Altima leaves the secluded gravel area.

3:28 a.m.: The Nissan Altima heads north toward Landry Ave.

3:29 a.m.: The Nissan Altima turns left from John L. Dietsch Boulevard onto Landry Avenue, headed toward Hernandez’s home.

3:30 a.m. (approximate): The Nissan Altima arrives at Hernandez’s home. The driver’s side mirror is damaged, and part of it is missing. Hernandez is driving, Wallace is in the front passenger seat, and Ortiz is in the rear driver’s-side seat. Wallace and Hernandez tell Ortiz to grab a small handgun from under the driver’s seat. Ortiz later tells police it is a “deuce-deuce” -- a .22-caliber weapon. The three men enter the garage and then Hernandez’s home.

3:33 a.m.: Hernandez is observed at the entrance to the basement holding what is believed to be a gun.

3:40 a.m.: The recording on Hernandez’s home security system stops.

Unknown time: Ortiz sees Hernandez put two guns in a black box in the basement.

4:52 p.m.: Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz emerge from Hernandez’s home.

4:54 p.m.: Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz drive away in the silver Nissan Altima.

5 p.m. (approximate): Hernandez stops at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in North Attleboro to return a rented silver Nissan Altima with Massachusetts plates. Hernandez tells an Enterprise employee that the driver’s side mirror is broken off and there is damage to the door. Hernandez apologizes, saying he does not know how the damage occurred. He claims he simply came out in the morning and it was damaged. Hernandez rents a new car, a grey Chrysler 300C.

5:12 p.m.: Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz arrive at Hernandez’s home in a gray Chrysler 300C.

5:15 p.m.: Wallace and Ortiz drive away from Hernandez’s home in the gray Chrysler 300C.

5:37 p.m.: A jogger calls 911 after finding a body in an industrial park at 344 John L. Dietsch Blvd. in North Attleboro, Mass. Responding officers conclude the man has been shot several times, and they find five .45-caliber shell casings, a white towel, two sets of keys to a black Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island plates, $64.75 in cash and change, a cellular phone and a drivers license identifying the man as Odin L. Lloyd of Boston. Technicians later conclude the five shell casings were all fired from the same .45-caliber weapon.

8:35 p.m.: Hernandez’s cell phone reconnects with the AT&T network.

Unknown time: Detectives contact Enterprise Rent-A-Car at T.F. Green Airport outside Providence, R.I., and learn that the black Chevrolet Suburban was rented to Hernandez.

Unknown time: Detectives run a computer check on Hernandez’s drivers license and discover that his home is about 1.2 miles from the murder scene by road, about half a mile in a straight line.

Unknown time: Wallace drops Ortiz off at an apartment rented by Hernandez in Franklin, a town about 12 miles from North Attleboro. He returns later to pick up Ortiz, who inadvertently leaves his cell phone behind, and the two men set out for Bristol.

9:40 p.m.: Detectives arrive at Hernandez’s home at 22 Ronald C. Meyer Drive in North Attleboro. They find numerous lights and a television on, but no one answers after officers ring the doorbell.

10:30 p.m. (approximate): Hernandez leaves his home and approaches officers outside. He tells them he saw from his surveillance system that they are outside. After officers ask about the Black Suburban, he tells them he rented it for his friend, “O.” Asked who “O” is, he replies, “Odin.” At one point, Hernandez allegedly becomes argumentative, saying “What’s with all the questions?” He enters his home, locking the door behind him, then returns with a business card for his attorney. When the officers tell him they are investigating a death, “Aaron Hernandez did not ask the officers whose death was being investigated, nor did he display any outward signs of concern.”

10:40 p.m. (approximate): Hernandez emerges from his home and tells officers he will follow them to the police station to answer questions. Shayanna Jenkins drives him. Hernandez waits for his attorney in an interview room.

Unknown time: Wallace drops Ortiz off at the Bristol, Conn., home of Hernandez’s cousin, Tanya Singleton. Ortiz tells her about Lloyd’s murder.

Unknown time: Shayanna Jenkins drives away from the police station after dropping off Hernandez. A police officer stops her and tells her Lloyd is dead; “she immediately began to cry.” Officers escort her back to the police station and they talk in the parking lot. She tells officers that Lloyd dates her sister, Shaneah Jenkins. She says she does not know him well, that she knows he smokes marijuana and has observed him on his phone talking in “lingo” about, she believes, selling marijuana. She also tells the officers that she and Hernandez recently installed a home security camera system because of several attempted break-ins; and that she went to bed early the night before but that Hernandez left their house at some point, although she says she is not sure who he was with or when he returned. As she is talking with officers, Hernandez calls her and tells her that his agent said she should not speak with police and should request an attorney. Detectives later note that after talking with more than two dozen witnesses, Shayanna Jenkins is the only one who describes Lloyd as a “large-scale drug dealer.”

Unknown time: As Hernandez sits in an interview room at the North Attleboro Police Department, a detective calls his cell phone number, which had been supplied by Shayanna Jenkins. Investigators “observed the phone of Aaron Hernandez ringing when they dialed the number.”

Unknown time: Investigators arrive at Lloyd’s home in Boston. They see the black Suburban parked behind a fence.

12:30 a.m. (approximate): Hernandez’s attorneys arrive at the North Attleboro Police Department, meeting with a prosecutor and detective supervisors. Hernandez signs a form allowing police to search the rented Chevrolet Suburban, and his attorneys agree “that the cellular telephone in the possession of Aaron Hernandez would be maintained without alteration until either Aaron Hernandez consented to provide his cellular telephone to the police or a search warrant was issued for the cellular telephone.

Unknown time: Detectives make several phone calls to Wallace’s phone, but no one answers.

1:05 a.m.: Detectives tell Lloyd’s girlfriend, Shaneah Jenkins, that he is dead. She becomes emotional, telling the officer they have been dating for over a year. She also says that Lloyd’s only connection to North Attleboro is Hernandez and her sister, Shayanna Jenkins.

7:12 a.m.: A message is posted on Hernandez’s Twitter account: “good morning.”

7:45 a.m.: A manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in North Attleboro cleans the now-returned silver Nissan Altima. She finds several things in the car which she throws into a dumpster: A Vitamin Water bottle; a colorful piece of paper with a child’s drawing on it; a piece of “chewed” blue bubble gum; and a “bullet.”

10 a.m. (approximate): Detectives visit Enterprise Rent-A-Car in North Attleboro, speaking with a different manager and observing the Nissan, noting that the driver’s side mirror is broken off and there are scratches on the door and damage to the window and a chrome strip. Detectives also observe soil, “similar in color and appearance to that at the location where Mr. Lloyd was found, on the tires and lower panels of the vehicle behind the tires.”

Unknown time: House cleaners work at Hernandez’s home.

1:16 p.m. (approximate): Shayanna Jenkins exits the home through a backyard patio door, carrying a dark colored trash bag. Inside the bag is an object that is rigid and “consistent to a lock box or safe.”

1:24 p.m. (approximate): After going back into the house and leaving again, Shayanna Jenkins exits the garage and places the trash bag and clothing into Shaneah Jenkins’ red Nissan Sentra, then drives away.

2 p.m. (approximate): Shayanna Jenkins returns home and unloads items from the trunk of the vehicle. The trash bag and the rigid object that had been in it are not in the car.

7:01 p.m.: After obtaining a warrant, detectives begin a search of Hernandez’s home. They confiscate two cell phones, three iPads, a digital video recorder and a computer hard drive that is part of the home’s security system. From them, they later extract digital images from the 14 security cameras mounted inside and outside the home.

10 p.m.: After obtaining a warrant, detectives search Hernandez’s cell phone. They recover images of the phone, and two lists of contacts.

Unknown time: Investigators search the woods along the route Shayanna Jenkins may have taken the previous day. They find a .22-caliber handgun that “was located on top of the ground cover and was a short distance from the roadway.” Investigators believe the gun had been recently discarded. The gun is the second Jiminez Arms pistol that was purchased in Florida.

Unknown time: A forensic pathologist conducts an autopsy on Lloyd’s body, concluding that he was shot five times -- once in the back, once in the abdomen, once in the right forearm, and twice in the chest. Both of those wounds were “through-and-through” -- meaning the bullets passed completely through his body. The doctor concludes that the two chest wounds were inflicted as Lloyd lay on his back on the ground. Detectives later return to the spot where his body was found and dig in the dirt, uncovering two bullets.

8 p.m.: Investigators execute a search warrant on the silver Nissan Altima owned by Enterprise Rent-A-Car, collecting several pieces of potential evidence: Photographs; fingerprints; swabbings; gunshot residue tests and tire impressions. The fingerprints were later matched to Lloyd, Wallace and Ortiz.

Unknown time (evening): A manager at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car agency in North Attleboro calls police, telling them that she had cleaned the car out after Hernandez returned it and had thrown several items she found in the car into a dumpster: A Vitamin Water bottle, a piece of paper with a colorful child’s drawing, a piece of “chewed” blue bubble gum, and a “bullet.” Officers immediately drive to Enterprise and search the dumpster. They discover a Vitamin Water bottle, a child’s drawing, a piece of chewed piece of gum and a .45-caliber shell casing. The manager confirms that they were the things she had cleaned out of the car two days earlier. The shell casing is later determined to match the five shell casings found at the murder scene and was fired by the same gun.

4:27 p.m.: A man calls authorities in North Attleboro and tells a police dispatcher he wants to provide information about the 2012 murders of de Abreu and Furtado in Boston. The man gives the dispatcher details of the crime and says it is related to Lloyd’s killing. Asked if the same person was involved in both, the man says yes. When he is asked how he knows this, he says, “Someone accidentally spilled the beans in front of me.”

1:30 p.m. (approximate): Investigators search an apartment rented by Hernandez in nearby Franklin. They recover four boxes of .45-caliber ammunition, one box of .22-caliber ammunition, and five boxes 7.62x39mm ammunition. In addition, they located and confiscated Ortiz’s cell phone. They also found keys to a Hummer H2 in the apartment and search the vehicle, which is parked outside. They located a loaded Glock .45-caliber magazine in the center console. A judge terminates the case against Ortiz and he is arrested on a charge of weapons possession by a previous offender. The charge is based on his statement that he picked up a .22-caliber handgun the morning of Lloyd’s murder and carried it into Hernandez’s house. Wallace is observed swimming in a pool in the backyard of his mother’s home in Miramar, Fla.

Unknown time: Investigators searching a home in Bristol, Conn., owned by Hernandez's uncle find a silver Toyota 4Runner with Rhode Island license plates parked in the garage, covered with dust and cobwebs. The car had been loaned to Hernandez in exchange for some promotional work he had done for a Providence auto dealer. Investigators seize the car as possible evidence in the 2012 murders of de Abreu and Furtado.

Unknown time (evening): The gray Chrysler 300C rented by Hernandez on June 17 is discovered at an apartment complex in Bristol.

5:23 p.m.: Investigators obtain the contents of Aaron Hernandez’s New England Patriots locker, which had been placed in a locked container after the team cut him. They don’t confiscate anything.

2 p.m.: Investigators search the Chrysler 300C that Hernandez rented on June 17. They recover a CD; a cigar; a rental-car agreement; a cutting of the leather from the seat pocket on the back of the front passenger seat; all four interior door handles; the rear passenger side seatbelt buckle; fingerprints; and photographs of the vehicle.

The grand jury also indicts Wallace on a charge of being an accessory after the fact to murder and indicts Singleton on a charge of contempt of court accusing her of refusing to testify before a grand jury.


Hernandez's North Attleborough, Mass., home attracted a media throng as it became clear the case against him was building.

Bristol County district attorney Sam Sutter spoke with reporters following the June 26, 2013, arraignment of Hernandez.