Did beating suspects flee with child?

BY foxsports • April 4, 2011

Los Angeles Police revealed Monday the two suspects accused of beating a Giants fan outside of Dodger Stadium last week may have fled the scene accompanied by a 10-year-old boy, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Los Angeles police detective Jose Carrillo told the LA Times detectives were "working on some leads but at this stage were not ready to [go] public with them.

"One of the problems is these individuals could have come from just about anywhere in the region," Carrillo said.

He added that investigators have been unable to identify the type of car the two men fled in, but added they "believe a 10-year-old male was in the vehicle."

LA County officials on Saturday offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of the two suspects accused of savagely beating Bryan Stow unconscious following the Dodgers' 2-1 win Thursday night.

The 42-year-old, a paramedic and father of two, remains in a medically induced coma for brain injuries at LA County-University of Southern California Hospital.

"He's not doing too well," Stow's brother-in-law David Collins told the San Francisco Chronicle last week. "He's still unconscious... They are hoping the brain swelling will go down, but it hasn't."

Police late Friday released composite sketches of the two suspects.



share story