Loeb gives up on competing in Formula One

BY foxsports • November 29, 2010

Seven-time rally world champion Sebastien Loeb of France has given up on competing in Formula One.

Loeb secured a deal last year with the Toro Rosso team to drive at the 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but motor racing's governing body refused to grant him a license because of his lack of experience.

Loeb told the website of French sports newspaper L'Equipe that ''Formula One is over for me.''

He said he would drive for fun if the opportunity arose, but doesn't seem himself competing in a race.

The 36-year-old Loeb said his age would be a problem and that he needs to ''think about something else'' when he ends his rally career.

Loeb will drive for Citroen in the world rally championship for an eleventh season in 2011.


in this topic

share story