Catch up with all the news right here
It ain’t easy being a sports fan these days. You’re inundated by a tsunami of sex, sleaze and stupidity, when all you want is a few ball scores. It’s like trying to find your wallet at the bottom of a landfill. We feel your pain.
So here’s what’s going on.
• Ryan Braun was suspended for the rest of the 2013 season after admitting to making “some mistakes” in regards to taking performance-enhancing drugs.
• FOXSports.com's baseball writers Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi weigh in on Braun's shocking admission. Rosenthal says this is a huge victory for baseball while Morosi argues that Braun was selfish every step of the way.
• Broncos star linebacker Von Miller is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy. But Miller is saying he did "nothing wrong."
• Robert Lusetich argues that Tiger Woods, fresh off his terrible final round of the British Open, needs to hire a putting coach -- and soon.
• The Buccaneers cut cornerback Eric Wright, who was traded to the 49ers, after he failed a physical with his new team, negating the deal with San Francisco.
• Greg Couch says new Kansas coach Charlie Weis is looking for a quick fix by going after junior-college players.
• The Cubs traded right-hander Matt Garza to the Rangers for a package of players.
• Miguel Cabrera leaves the game early because of a left hip injury in the Tigers' 7-3 win over the White Sox.
• Matt Moore throws a two-hit shutout as the streaking Rays past the Red Sox, 3-0.