PLEASE NOTE: An Entrant’s ranking on the leaderboard may NOT accurately reflect such Entrant’s status as a Monthly Prize or Overall Prize winner due to the manual application of the tie-breaker criteria. Potential Monthly Prize and Overall Prize winners will be contacted via email to confirm eligibility. See Official Rules http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/baseball/hotstreak/Help/Rules/ for complete details.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Baseball Hot Streak Challenge begins on 3/22/14 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on 9/28/2014 at commencement time of the last scheduled MLB game on that day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & Washington DC, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry. Sponsor: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. Void where prohibited.
Baseball Hot Streak Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Baseball Hot Streak Challenge” (the "Challenge") is an online skill based prediction challenge in which entrants predict statistical achievement events (“Predictions”) that may take place in Major League Baseball (MLB) on a given day. The Challenge begins on March 22, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 28, 2014 at commencement time of the last scheduled MLB game on that day (“Challenge Period”). The Challenge sponsor is Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Challenge Administrator is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”). The Sponsor and Administrator will be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entities”. THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Challenge is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's “Account” (as defined below). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Challenge Entities and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members (parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses) and/or those living in the same household (those people who share the same residence at least three months a year) of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in the Challenge, you must have a FoxSports.com/MSN Live account (“Account”). If you already have an Account, go to http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/baseball/hotstreak/ (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions. If you do not already have an Account, go to the Website and complete the online registration with email address, ZIP code and date of birth. You must also select a user name and password. ENTRANTS MAY ONLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE USING A SINGLE ACCOUNT REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR ACCOUNTS AN ENTRANT MAY HAVE. If an Entrant participates using multiple Accounts, only the first set of “Predictions” (as defined below) will be eligible for a prize or reward.
4. PREDICTIONS & STREAKS: To play, Entrants must log into their Account and use their knowledge of MLB to make Predictions by selecting certain MLB players and/or MLB teams, as applicable, that Entrant believes will attain certain daily milestones (as described below) which shall be detailed on the Website. The MLB players and MLB teams available for selection, along with all possible prediction options, shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants can log into their Account and return to the Website at any time throughout the Challenge Period to make daily Predictions. Predictions must be made no later than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start time of a MLB game (each a “game”); once the scheduled start time of a game has passed all Predictions will be locked (“Lockdown”), regardless of whether a game is delayed for any reason. No changes to the Prediction will be permitted after Lockdown. One (1) point will be awarded for each correct Prediction. Two (2) or more CONSECUTIVE correct Predictions will create a hot streak (“Streak”). Entrant cannot select the same Prediction more than one (1) time during each Streak. (Example: If Entrant predicts a specific player will register a hit, and he does, Entrant cannot replicate the exact same Prediction for the duration of such Hot Streak). As soon as an Entrant makes an incorrect Prediction, the Streak will be broken but any/all points accumulated for correct Predictions will remain intact. The Entrant with the highest number of points in each calendar month will be deemed the monthly winner (“Monthly Winner”). The Entrant with the longest Streak during the entire Challenge Period will be deemed the overall prize winner (“Overall Prize Winner”). The first five hundred (500) Entrants to achieve a Streak of fifteen (15) or greater will receive a “Fifteen Streak” Prize, as described below, via email within seven (7) days of completing the Streak at the email address associated with their Account.
For purposes of the Challenge, any/all points earned in March will ONLY count towards the Fifteen Streak or Overall Streak (and overall record in the event of a tie) and there will be no Monthly Winner for March. A Streak does NOT need to be active to be eligible to win. Prizes will be awarded as described in Sections 6 & 7 of these Official Rules. Entrants may only submit ONE (1) Prediction per day, regardless of the total number of games being played or Predictions offered on a given day. If there is no game scheduled on a given day or games are cancelled, no Predictions will be made available for that day. Entrants are NOT required to enter a Prediction each day. Points cannot be accumulated on inactive days; however, Streaks will remain intact.
All Prediction outcomes will be based on the official rules and scoring of MLB located at http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/foreword.jsp. For purposes of the Challenge, points will be earned based on scoring at the completion of a game. Points will not be earned based on MLB statistics corrections that occur AFTER the completion of a game.
There are four (4) possible Predictions, as detailed below. The Predictions will be available for every player or team, as selected by Sponsor and as applicable, for every game.
Incomplete or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. If a game is mistakenly left unlocked after a game has begun, the Challenge Entities may lock the game late or cancel Predictions associated with that game altogether, in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of a tie for a Monthly Prize or an Overall Prize, ties will be broken based on the following criteria:
- Highest winning percentage for applicable month
- Most wins for the overall Challenge as of the end of the applicable month
- Highest winning percentage for the overall Challenge as of the end of the applicable month
- Date of first entry into the Challenge
- Time of first entry into the Challenge
- Most wins for the overall Challenge Period
- Highest winning percentage for the overall Challenge Period
- Most correct predictions in September
- Most correct predictions in August
- Most correct predictions in July
- Most correct predictions in June
- Most correct predictions in May
- Most correct predictions in April
- Date of first Prediction into the Challenge
- Time of first Prediction into the Challenge
5. GROUPS: Entrants can create or join public or private groups of friends or other users with similar interests, skill level, etc. When creating a private group, Entrant will be asked to enter a password. GROUP STANDING OR PARTICIPATION HAS NO AFFECT ON THE AWARDING OF PRIZES.
6. MONTHLY, FIFTEEN STREAK AND OVERALL PRIZE AWARDS:
- Monthly Prize & Fifteen Streak Prize Awards
|Monthly Prizes (6 total)
April 2014-September 2014
|The Entrant with the highest point score in each calendar month (except March) will be awarded One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) USD, in the form of FOX Sports Shopping Bucks to use in the FOX Sports Shop (www.FOXSportsShop.com). ENTRANT MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE PRIZE. BUCKS MUST BE USED BY 11:59 p.m. PT ON 12/31/14. Note: Predictions do NOT need to be part of a Streak to be eligible for a Monthly Prize. Total Cumulative Value of Monthly Prizes: Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00)
|Fifteen Streak Prizes
(up to 500)
|Each of the first unique five hundred (500) Entrants with a Streak equal to or greater than fifteen (15) will receive Ten Dollars ($10.00) in FOX Sports Shopping Bucks to use in the FOX Sports Shop (www.FOXSportsShop.com). ENTRANT MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE PRIZE. BUCKS MUST BE USED BY 11:59PM ET ON 12/31/14. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Fifteen Streak Prize: Ten Dollars ($10.00)
Total Maximum Value of Monthly & Fifteen Streak Prizes: $5,600
- Overall Prize Award
|Grand Prize – Longest Streak
||The Entrant with the longest Streak, whether active or inactive, at the conclusion of the Challenge Period will be awarded Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) USD, awarded in the form of FOX Sports Shopping Bucks to use in the FOX Sports Shop (www.FOXSportsShop.com). ENTRANT MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE PRIZE. BUCKS MUST BE USED BY 11:59PM ET ON 12/31/14. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Fifteen Streak Prize: Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
Total Cumulative Monthly, Fifteen Streak & Overall Prize Value: $6,100
Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winners cannot assign or transfer any prize to another person. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Challenge Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Challenge Entities, a substitute prize or reward of equal or greater retail value may be provided. If a prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Challenge Entities’ sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one (1) Monthly Prize, one (1) Fifteen Streak Prize, and one (1) Overall Prize per Entrant.
7. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & FULFILLMENT: Fifteen Streak Prize Winners may request their prize via the Entry Settings page (see Prize Information section of the page). Fifteen Streak FOX Sports Shopping Bucks will be awarded via promotional codes and can only be used in at www.FOXSportsShop.com. Shopping Bucks have no cash value and will expire on 12/31/14 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Monthly Winners will be notified via email at the email address associated with their Account on or about the 15th day of the subsequent month. Overall Winner will be notified via email at the email address associated with their Account on or about October 7, 2014. The Challenge Entities shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the selected winner. Selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners may be required to verify eligibility and to execute before a notary public and return within five (5) days of first attempted notification an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. Prizes will not be awarded until all such properly executed and notarized Prize Claim Documents are returned. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ENTRANT TO ENSURE THAT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND CORRECT.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entities; each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Challenge Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entities. Challenge Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. ARBITRATION PROVISION:By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
13. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
15. LIST OF WINNERS/RULE REQUESTS:For the list of prize winners, available after October 8, 2014, or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Baseball Hot Streak Challenge” Winner's List or Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by October 31, 2014.