Daily Fantasy Baseball Advice for August 27
Let's get to today's interesting facts, using DraftKings prices.
Five Things to Watch:
1. Here are the three highest projected over/unders, provided by OddsShark...
2. Weather: Should be all clear, but keep an eye on Twitter for updates closer to game time.
3. You down with BvP? Jose Bautista has a 1.002 lifetime OPS against Ervin Santana. Jose Reyes is 8-for-24 against Jeremy Hellickson. Jayson Werth is 7-for-19 with 2 HR against Jorge De La Rosa. Ryan Zimmerman has a 1.147 OPS lifetime against De La Rosa. Josh Donaldson is 5-for-17 against Santana. Nelson Cruz is 6-for-17 against Jose Quintana and kills left-handed pitching.
4. Your three biggest pitching favorites for the night:
5. Sneaky stack options: Would you dare stack the Padres? They get a bad pitcher in Jose Urena and will be affordable. The Nationals are also a strong play against Jorge De La Rosa and his ERA over 5.
Must-Start of the day: Noah Syndergaard, NYM
It's hard to fade Thor on most of his starts, but on Saturday he gets the lowly Phillies and their 29th ranked OPS. Syndergaard has massive strikeout potential (177 K in 148 IP) and should get an easy win at home.
Deal of the day: Dylan Bundy, BAL
The Yankees are just 24th in OPS this season, and Bundy has been solid since joining Baltimore's rotation. He's had at least 15 DK points in seven of his last eight starts, but for some reason he's still priced incredibly low at just $5100. Chad Green isn't a world-beater, so the run support should be there as well.
Avoid of the day: Adrian Gonzalez, LAD
He's just 7-for-38 lifetime against Jason Hammel.
Stack of the day: Detroit Tigers
The Angels are throwing reliever Brett Oberholtzer, who has a 5.27 ERA and is allowing batters to hit .291 against him. The Tigers have a few bats who can really beat up on left-handed pitching, making them an ideal mini-stack candidate.
Dylan Bundy, BAL: "Deal of the day"
Noah Syndergaard, NYM: "Must-start of the day"
Alex Reyes, STL: He's a big time prospect, and he's getting his first start against a weak A's lineup with a plus pitching matchup. Reyes has 13 strikeouts in his first 9 IP in the bigs, which is a good sign for his first start. His pitch count should be limited, but he's in line to get a win and rack up some strikeouts at just $7400.
Gary Sanchez, NYY: Has a 1.831 OPS over his last ten games.
Buster Posey, SF: Way underpriced at just $3500 against a below-average pitcher.
Miguel Cabrera, DET: .931 OPS over his last ten and part of our Tigers stack.
Freddie Freeman, ATL: 1.145 OPS over his last ten and gets Jake Peavy, who is struggling against LHB this year.
Ian Kinsler, DET: Tigers stack.
DJ LeMahieu, COL: Hitting .536 with 2 HR over his last seven games.
Josh Donaldson, TOR: Josh Donaldson is 5-for-17 against Santana.
Kris Bryant, CHC: Hitting .484 with 5 HR over his last seven games.
Jose Reyes, NYM: Jose Reyes is 8-for-24 against Jeremy Hellickson.
Addison Russell, CHC: Hitting .321 with 5 HR over last seven.
Nelson Cruz, SEA: Nelson Cruz is 6-for-17 against Jose Quintana and kills left-handed pitching.
Jayson Werth, WAS: Jayson Werth is 7-for-19 with 2 HR against Jorge De La Rosa and hits lefties hard.
Justin Upton, DET: Tigers stack and hitting .381 with 3 HR over his last seven.