Nike drops limited edition sneaker to celebrate LeBron's 25,000-point milestone
The folks at Nike Basketball let us know that something special was on the way once LeBron James passed the 25,000 career-points milestone, and they delivered almost as soon as he completed the feat.
The NIKEiD LEBRON 13 25K carries a custom graphic inspired by James’s professional journey that brings his story to life via the following elements:
- Lion representing the spirit animal for victory
- Carnations and orange blossoms symbolizing birth and growth with native flowers from where James has played
- Dolomite stone, which can be found throughout Ohio
- Industrial smoke referencing the state's industrious, hardworking spirit
- Light bands for the positivity and energy generated from family, friends and teammates
These are available now for a price of $250, and if you're thinking about picking up a pair, you should probably do so soon. When Nike released a similarly limited sneaker celebrating Kobe Bryant's passing of Michael Jordan on the league's all-time scoring list last season, it sold out in less than 24 hours.
MORE NEWS: Want stories delivered to you? Sign up for our NBA newsletters.