Nick Diaz still suspended, not allowed to corner Nate Diaz at UFC 202

Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Nate Diaz will go into his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202 without his brother Nick in his corner.

Diaz stated when speaking with "UFC Tonight" that Nick may not be allowed to corner him in the fight due to "technical difficulties."

Now according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett who spoke to FOX Sports via email on Thursday, Diaz is actually still suspended because the UFC welterweight has failed to pay the fine that was levied against him following a positive drug test for marijuana last year.

"As of this date Nick Diaz is not permitted to work the corner of his brother Nate because he is still suspended," Bennett said.

"I contacted the UFC two-to-three weeks ago regarding Nevada Administrative Code 467 in an effort to clarify and confirm the conditions that would allow Nick to work Nate’s corner. The Nevada State Athletic Commission made a concerted effort to keep everyone involved in the fight regarding our Codes as we thought Nate would request his brother to work his corner.  Additionally we provided them information as to who to contact at the Attorney General’s Office in an effort for Nick to be in compliance with his written settlement/agreement. I was informed by the UFC they contacted Nick and/or his manager and advised them what our regulations require to accommodate the possible request."

Bennett went onto say that Diaz still has an outstanding balance from the $100,000 fine he was expected to pay as part of his settlement agreement with the Nevada commission after he was suspended for 18-months.

Diaz’s suspension came to an end on Aug. 1, but according to Bennett because the former title contender still has a balance owed from the fine he agreed to pay last year, the suspension is still in tact.

"Although the term of Mr. Diaz’s suspension expired on August 1, 2016, he remains on suspension pursuant to term 1.03 of his Settlement Agreement because he has failed to either pay his fine in full (his balance is $75,000) or enter into an approved payment plan," Bennett said.

"As such, the prohibitions of NAC 467.895 apply to Mr. Diaz at this time."

According to the rules that apply to Diaz’s suspension, he is not allowed in the dressing rooms for the event, nor the first six rows around the Octagon and he’s also not allowed to communicate with his brother, coaches or other corner men in the area in the arena or near the dressing rooms.

Nate Diaz will move forward with the rest of his team by his side for his UFC 202 rematch with McGregor while Nick Diaz still has to settle his outstanding balance with the Nevada commission before he’s allowed to return to action.