Blues have owned the Sabres the last few years
The St. Louis Blues have enjoyed a lot of recent success against the Buffalo Sabres, their opponent tonight at Scottrade Center.
St. Louis has won 16 of its last 18 matchups with the Sabres and will be looking to extend its current win streak against them to seven. The Blues were last defeated by Buffalo on Dec. 27, 2009.
• The Blues have lost three of their last four games, allowing 15 goals in that span, after allowing a total of just 14 goals in their previous eight games combined (6-1-1 record). These clubs will face each other again on Monday in Buffalo.
• Blues winger Alexander Steen, who has three goals and three assists over his last seven games, has 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) in 28 career games against Buffalo -- tied for the most points in his career versus any opponent (24 vs. Nashville).
• Blues winger Vladimir Tarasenko has lit the lamp in three of his last four games (four total goals) and has two goals and two assists in four career games against the Sabres.
• The Sabres have dropped each of their last two contests after winning six of their previous eight. Buffalo has won three consecutive road games and will be looking to win four in a row away from home for the first time since October 2011.
• Sabres center Ryan O'Reilly has lit the lamp in consecutive games after being held without a point in each of his previous five contests. O'Reilly, who is four goals shy of 100 for his NHL career, has three goals and two assists in his last five trips to St. Louis.