- Absolutely. Because this was his second offense. Skip and I get it. If you didn't want to suspend him for throwing the mouthpiece in game-- game 6, they were losing. He was the reigning MVP. There were going to be a game 7. And I get it. Although you did suspend Udonis Haslem for doing the exact thing.
SKIP BAYLESS: You did.
- You suspended Amar'e Stoudemire.
SKIP BAYLESS: Good point.
- Remember, Amar'e Stoudemire up and--
JOY TAYLOR: Udonis actually hit Joey Crawford though.
- No, but I'm saying--
SKIP BAYLESS: Well, that's OK.
- But let me--
SKIP BAYLESS: I'm good with that.
JOY TAYLOR: No, I don't care. I'm fine with it. Whatever Udonis does, I'm fine with.
- Skip, and you remember, against your San Antonio Spurs, they suspended Amar'e Stoudemire for game 7 for coming off the bench in game 6.
SKIP BAYLESS: OK, and that has to do with what?
- So this is his second offense.
SKIP BAYLESS: All right.
- This is a meaningless game in October. This is an opportunity for you to say, OK, Steph, go sit this one down, don't let this happen again. That's all you had to do, Skip.
SKIP BAYLESS: Yep.
- How many times does he get to throw his mouth-- first of all, why do they touch it so much? You put the mouthpiece in your mouth. You shake a guy's hand. You slap a guy on the butt. You pat a guy on the head. And then you stick it and put it back in your mouth.
JOY TAYLOR: They do that all the time in football--
- I know, that's-- no they don't. I don't touch it.
JOY TAYLOR: It falls on the ground.
Know That's why I didn't even wear no mouthpiece. That's nasty. But I'm saying this--
SKIP BAYLESS: Well, I mean, Steph's got an obsession with his because he's always like chewing on it--
JOY TAYLOR: Chewing, yeah.
SKIP BAYLESS: --when he's shooting free throws.
- And you excuse it talking about they do it all the--
JOY TAYLOR: Udonis chews his mouthpiece too.
SKIP BAYLESS: Oh, there you go.
JOY TAYLOR: Don't-- ey, better watch it. Udonis is a real one. Don't get involved with you.
- And that's the thing. He shouldn't have been suspended. But this is his second offense, Skip. And they talking about, he wasn't trying to hit the ref. That's not the issue. The issue is that you threw it for a second time. So how many times does he get to throw his mouthpiece. Let me ask you a question, Skip. If that was Boogie Cousins, tell me what would have happened.
SKIP BAYLESS: Oh, Lord have mercy.
SKIP BAYLESS: He might be gone for a while.
- Exactly. And that's my point. Skip, this is a perfect opportunity--
SKIP BAYLESS: I know.
- --for you to say, Steph, stop this now. This is enough. I get it. You're frustrated. They were losing. And I get the frustration. 1-2, nobody thought they'd be 1-2 at this point in time. But you did it two years ago and you've done it again.
So at what point in time do you send a message to say Steph, we need you to stop this as a face of the league? I get it he's an MVP. But he is doing something that's unacceptable. So he-- $50,000 to a guy that's making $40 million.