Follow your favorite teams, players, shows and more.Follow your favorites
Get quick access to your favorite teams, players, shows and more.
Thun bans player implicated in match-fixing probe
Published
Nov. 22, 2009 12:43 p.m. ET

foxsports
FC Thun has banned forward Omar Faye from a Swiss league game because of his alleged involvement in a match-fixing scandal in Europe.
FC Thun Markus Staehli told a Swiss radio station that the 22-year old Faye was questioned by police about his alleged role in the scandal. Staehli says the exact allegations are unclear.
FC Thun was scheduled to play FC Winterthur on Sunday.
The European investigation so far has resulted in 12 arrests in Germany and two in Switzerland. Investigators believe 200 games have been manipulated, including three in the qualifying stages of the Champions League and 12 in the Europa League.
A betting syndicate is suspected of bribing players, coaches, referees and other officials to fix games.
ADVERTISEMENT
share
Affiliated Apps
FOX SPORTS™, SPEED™, SPEED.COM™ & © 2025 Fox Media LLC and
Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Use of this
website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your
acceptance of these
Updated Terms of Use and
Privacy Policy |
Advertising Choices |
Your Privacy Choices |
Closed Captioning