Guidetti won't rule out move

BY foxsports • January 18, 2012

Guidetti confirmed earlier this month he has extended his loan spell at De Kuip until the end of the season after impressing for the Rotterdammers.

However, the striker is thought to have turned heads across Europe, with his agent, Per Jonsson, having previously claimed 15 clubs are following the Swede.

The 19-year-old expects to stay at the Eredivisie giants this month, but has not ruled out moving if a top club comes in for him.

"The transfer market is open until the end of January, you never know what will happen," he told NUSport. "Nothing is impossible.

"If I say I'm staying and then two weeks later I leave, that makes me the biggest ***hole in the world.

"So I'm not saying anything. If the opportunity of a lifetime comes along, I'll grab it. But I have no concrete evidence that such a transfer is coming, so probably not."

The teenager insists he is not getting distracted by the transfer talk surrounding him, with City's Premier League rivals Arsenal thought to be among his suitors.

He said: "There is a difference between hearing something and them actually wanting to do something.

"I pay no attention to all these stories about me. If a club's interest is definite, please let me know. Feyenoord have yet to tell me."

Guidetti says he is focused on earning a debut call-up to the Sweden international team in time for this summer's Euro 2012 finals.

"I'm looking forward to the second half of the season," he added. "There is a European Championship and I think I'm good enough for the Swedish team, though I've never been called up.

"I'll do everything to convince the coach of my skills over the next few months."


share story