Follow your favorite teams, players, shows and more.Follow your favorites
Get quick access to your favorite teams, players, shows and more.
Cable car at Durban's WCup stadium investigated
Published
Mar. 23, 2010 12:31 p.m. ET

foxsports
The city council in charge of Durban's new World Cup venue has been given 60 days to ensure that a cable car above the stadium is safe, after an incident in which it became stuck, leaving its passengers stranded.
The eThekwini municipality was issued with a notice Tuesday by South Africa's labor department.
Thobile Lamati, the department's chief inspector, visited Moses Mabhida Stadium following media reports and complaints about the stranded passengers. The cable car runs along a 1,150-foot arch over the stadium.
Lamati said that after 60 days the department would return to ensure all concerns they had raised had been fixed.
ADVERTISEMENT
Durban municipal manager Mike Sutcliffe said it had received no instruction to close down the cable car.
share
Affiliated Apps
FOX SPORTS™, SPEED™, SPEED.COM™ & © 2025 Fox Media LLC and
Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Use of this
website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your
acceptance of these
Updated Terms of Use and
Privacy Policy |
Advertising Choices |
Your Privacy Choices |
Closed Captioning