BC-AP Sports Preview Digest,1st Ld-Writethru
Eds: Corrects length of Colorado Rockies' winning streak.
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- PARIS - Rafael Nadal goes for a record 10th title in the French Open. He won the first two sets of the final against Stan Wawrinka.
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Pittsburgh Penguins can become the first NHL team in 19 years to win consecutive Stanley Cups when they play the Nashville Predators in Game 6. Game starts 8 p.m.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - A year ago, Golden State also led the Cavaliers 3-1 in the NBA Finals. This time, with Game 5 on Monday night, Draymond Green is not suspended.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving has saved his best performances for the most critical NBA Finals moments.
- MEXICO CITY - Led by 18-year-old phenom Christian Pulisic, the United States seeks its first win in a World Cup qualifier at Azteca Stadium when it plays Mexico. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- SUWON, South Korea - England beats Venezuela 1-0 to win the Under-20 World Cup for its first global title since 1966.
- Even Abby Wambach is astonished when she reflects on her year. She went from acknowledging a problem with alcohol and prescription pills to getting sober and getting married.
- CHICAGO - The first-place Colorado Rockies, winners of seven straight, start Antonio Senzatela (8-2) against the Cubs. Chicago has lost four in a row. Game starts 2:20 p.m.
- WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer (7-3) starts for the NL East-leading Nationals, who are looking to salvage a game in their series with the Texas Rangers. Game starts 4:05 p.m.
- A look at some top players in the MLB draft Monday night. Among them are Vanderbilt's Kyle Wright, Louisville's Brendan McKay and California high schooler Hunter Greene.
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Stewart Cink, Rafa Cabrera Bello and Ben Crane share the lead entering the last round of the St. Jude Classic, the final tuneup before the U.S. Open.
- CAMBRIDGE, Ontario - Lexi Thompson is in front going into final round of the Manulife Classic. Fellow American Lindy Duncan is a stroke behind.
- LONG POND, Pa. - Kyle Busch starts from the pole at Pocono Raceway. Bubba Wallace is the first black driver to start a Cup race in more than a decade. Race starts 3 p.m.
- MONTREAL - Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes leaves from the pole in his attempt to win his third straight Canadian Grand Prix. Race starts 2 p.m.
- Emirates Team New Zealand takes a 2-1 lead over Sweden's Artemis Racing into the second day of the best-of-nine America's Cup challenger finals on Bermuda's Great Sound.
- A look at the highlights and surprises in the NCAA baseball super regionals, which determine the field for the College World Series.
- CANASTOTA, N.Y. - Evander Holyfield, boxing's only four-time world heavyweight champion, headlines a class of nine inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.