Felipe Massa wants to stay in F1 after 2016
Felipe Massa has admitted there is no guarantee his Formula One career will continue after the forthcoming 2016 season.
The Brazilian veteran's Williams contract ends this year, and while he has been competitive alongside the highly-rated Valtteri Bottas, Massa admitted that racing beyond 2016 is not certain.
"I'll definitely be looking to stay in Formula One next season," the 34-year-old told the Daily Mail newspaper ahead of a television appearance in Britain on Thursday.
"And in 2017, I would say this is a year that everything may change so I'm sure my experience will count a lot.
"After (2016), if I have a good year I'm sure there will be opportunities to continue in a strong team."
The former Ferrari driver, who will be starting his 13th consecutive season in F1, also commented on the controversial off-track lifestyle of reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton.
"Maybe he's trying to enjoy his life and party, but I'm sure he's training as well," Massa said. "When he drives the car, he speaks for that. Everybody saw (last year) that he was terrific."