Red Sox slugger Martinez still sidelined with back tightness
Boston manager Alex Cora said Sunday the 31-year-old Martinez "is feeling better, but he's not ready to play."
Martinez has not started eight of the last 20 games. He missed four games in Toronto from May 21-23. Cora said the first two games were because of illness and the last two because of his back.
Martinez hit .330 with 43 homers and a major league-leading 130 RBIs last year after signing a $110 million, five-year contract.
He is batting .296 with 12 homers and 33 RBIs this season — down from .318 with 21 homers and 54 RBIs at this point last year.