West Ham confirm deal for Wigan's Diame
West Ham have confirmed a deal to sign Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame on a free transfer from Wigan.
The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at Upton Park and will make the move on July 1 after the expiry of his Wigan contract.
"I'm very happy and very excited to have joined the club and I'm looking forward to the start of the season," Diame told the club's website.
"I know the fans here get behind the team all the time and I'm looking forward to showing everybody what I can do on the pitch."
Diame will meet his new team-mates on the first day of pre-season training on July 1 before flying out with the team to Austria.
He is the third new signing of the summer for the newly-promoted Hammers, joining Stephen Henderson and Jussi Jaaskelainen in Sam Allardyce's squad.
Allardyce said: "His potential is really good and he's ready to go and compete in the first team straight away as he's had three years in the Premier League already.
"He's 25 and can only get better and I hope he can go on to prove that to me and all of the West Ham United fans. He will be a very exciting addition to the squad."
Diame joined Wigan in 2009 from Spanish club Rayo Vallecano, having previously played for Lens and Linares.