Toronto FC 1-0 Colorado Rapids

Published Jul. 10, 2010 8:19 p.m. ET

Toronto FC extended its franchise-record unbeaten streak to 11 games Saturday, beating the Colorado Rapids 1-0 on Fuad Ibrahim's goal in the 61st minute.

Toronto has not lost a game in all competitions since May 1, a run that includes a title win in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Toronto also has an eight-game unbeaten streak in MLS and has not lost any of its eight games at BMO Field, where 21,836 fans took in Saturday's game under sunny skies.

Colorado arrived in Toronto riding a six-game unbeaten streak, the franchise's best start to a season in more than a decade. The Rapids beat Toronto 3-1 in their only other meeting of the year, at home on April 18.

Toronto lumbered through the opening few minutes of game, which began at noon, earlier than any home contest this season.

Captain Dwayne De Rosario generated Toronto's best chance of the first half. He set up with time and space 30 yards from goal in the 31st minute, and blasted a shot that nearly skimmed the crossbar.

Rapids forward Conor Casey narrowly missed on a pair of good chances in the first half. He was inches from connecting of a header on a cross from the wing in the 14th minute, and sent a redirection wide left soon afterward.

De Rosario appeared to get knocked down from behind in the box five minutes into the second half, but did not draw a call from referee Ricardo Salazar. De Rosario raised his palms in frustration again five minutes later, after sending a weak rolling shot on net.


Toronto broke through with a half hour left in regular time, when Ibrahim took a pass, controlled it between two Colorado defenders in the area and poked it past Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens with his toe.

Goalkeeper Stefan Frei made a series of dazzling saves in the final moments of the second half to preserve the win.

Toronto was playing without midfielder Julian de Guzman, who was suspended after he was ejected in the second half of a draw with Houston last week. Fresh faces had been signed, but one of them - Spanish forward Miguel Angel Ferrer Martinez - was not available until after the transfer window opens July 15.