Serie A approves goal-line technology for next season

Serie A approves goal-line technology for next season

Published Feb. 13, 2015 3:10 p.m. ET

MILAN -- Serie A has approved goal-line technology for next season.

Italian league president Maurizio Beretta made the announcement following a meeting Friday, saying approval was unanimous.

Beretta said three systems are being considered, including the ones used in the English Premier League and at last year's World Cup.''

Beretta says the system that is chosen could be tested in this season's Italian Cup final on June 7 or in the Italian Super Cup in August.

share