Scottish Premier League Roundup, Nov. 27

Scottish Premier League Roundup, Nov. 27

Published Nov. 27, 2010 7:25 p.m. ET

Celtic wasted the chance to go top of the SPL as they blew a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Inverness, while Kilmarnock beat Aberdeen 2-0.

However, a lapse by Hoops defender Thomas Rogne five minutes later allowed Richie Foran to reduce the deficit before Grant Munro levelled from close range to keep Celtic two points behind their Old Firm rivals Rangers who have a game in hand.

Kilmarnock piled more misery on Aberdeen as a disputed penalty helped the Ayrshire side claim a comfortable triumph at Rugby Park.

Jamie Hamill put the game beyond the Dons early in the second period after Israeli referee Eli Hacmon ruled that Jamie Langfield had brought down Alexei Eremenko.


Aberdeen complained but there was little doubt about who the better team was following Conor Sammon's opening goal. Hacmon produced an assured performance after replacing striking Scottish officials and there appeared to be contact at the penalty incident despite complaints from the visitors.

Aberdeen have now taken just four points from a possible 39 and their second-half performance offered little encouragement they can turn their fortunes around in the near future.

Stand-in referee Christian Lautier could not have enjoyed a more comfortable afternoon as Hibernian and St Johnstone played out a dull goalless draw at Easter Road.

The Maltese, who covered for Scotland's striking officials, had no major decisions to make on a painless afternoon's work that saw him keep his cards in his pocket.

After a nondescript first half, Saints created several chances after the break but failed to properly test goalkeeper Mark Brown.

St Johnstone striker Sam Parkin was a constant threat in the box but was unable to divert any headers on target.

The Israeli match officials had a big call to make at Hamilton after St Mirren had a goal disallowed at New Douglas Park.

Referee Meir Levi largely impressed by allowing the match to flow after being drafted in by the Scottish Football Association to cover for striking Scottish referees.

Simon Mensing had the ball in the back of his own net with just over 20 minutes to go but the own goal was chalked off by Meir's assistant as the match ended goalless.