Laws denies Gudjonsson feud

BY foxsports • February 16, 2010

The 29-year-old was reportedly unhappy after missing out on the squad for the Premier League clash against Bolton in January. Gudjonsson, who is out of contract in the summer, missed Burnley's training camp in Portugal last week because his wife gave birth to their fourth son. And he has only started once in the league so far this term, although he has made nine substitute appearances. Laws insists there has been no fall-out with the player, who has been at Turf Moor since 2007, but admits he will have to fight for his place in the first team. "Joey's going to get his head down and get on with it, like I would expect any of my players to," he told the Lancashire Telegraph. "Joey didn't go on the trip because he's just had a baby boy - his fourth - so he's had other things on his mind. "There's been no such thing as a fall-out. It's just a matter of opinion. "When I first came to the club, I said everyone starts with a clean slate, but that I would have to make quick and harsh decisions on where we need to strengthen, and I made decisions on midfield and defence. "I can satisfy the first 11; I can semi-satisfy those who are one the bench, but the rest who are out of it I can't satisfy at all. "That's the only disagreement we've had. "At the end of the day it's all about opinions, but mine's the one that counts because I'm the manager. "Sometimes people like making stories out of nothing." Burnley's next game is a tough trip to the Midlands to play Aston Villa in the league on Sunday.


share story