Lawrence: Celtic move not dead

BY foxsports • July 19, 2010

Celtic have already failed with one offer for Lawrence this summer but Neil Lennon remains keen to take him to Parkhead once he has offloaded Aiden McGeady. Lawrence spent last week in Austria with his Stoke team-mates and would happily remain at the Britannia Stadium if no move materialises, but he thinks there may be a development in the near future. "My agent has had another couple of calls and so it is still going on," Lawrence told the Stoke Sentinel. "Something could be happening in the next couple of weeks." Lawrence has struggled to hold down a first-team spot for Stoke in the Premier League but he does not want to drop down a division - a switch to Middlesbrough had been mooted. "The only way I would ever consider dropping down a division would be if the club concerned was going to have a right go at winning promotion," added Lawrence. "Why would I want to leave something at Stoke like this, an established Premier League club?" "If nothing happens (with Celtic), I'm still giving my all for this club. I think the supporters know that," he said. "I've just said in the past that if something comes up and it's good for Stoke and good for me, then it might be time for me to move. "But if I'm still here at Stoke for the next season, or the next two, or the next three, then I'll be happy - and I still believe I can play at this level." The 28-year-old also shrugged off rumours of a row with Potters chief Tony Pulis. "I've read and heard stuff," he said, "and some people have asked me if I've fallen out with the gaffer. "But anybody watching us out here in Austria over the past week will have seen the banter between us and seen there is no problem." Lawrence is one of a number of Stoke players likely to leave the club this summer, with Carl Dickinson expected to be the next out of the door after Preston made a £750,000 bid.


share story