The Cottagers have been linked with a number of players this month, with attack seemingly an area where the Dutchman is looking for reinforcements.
Press Association Sport understands Fulham are still monitoring Catania's Maxi Lopez, although the Sicilian club's asking price is proving a stumbling block.
With 11 days of the transfer window remaining, Jol admits he is "very busy" trying to bring in new players and says chairman Mohamed Al Fayed will back him.
"We never have conversation about money," he said of the pair's relationship.
"If we come up with a good player, he will sign it off. If it is too expensive, we will have second thoughts about it.
"I have to say he is always very positive and helpful.
"That is what he showed in the summer and just before the transfer window closed with Bryan Ruiz.
"I don't think there is any problem in that sense.
"If we come up with the right players, he will try and to be helpful. He will back us.
"We are busy. It is not easy to get good players in this transfer window.
"We have good players and if nothing changes we will be fine.
"We always look to strengthen the squad and every other team in Europe is doing the same."
Several first-team players have been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage, although it is understood there have been no approaches for England international Bobby Zamora.
Fellow striker Andrew Johnson has previously been subject of approaches from both QPR and Blackburn, but Fulham have not received any new offers for the him.
It is also understood there is some interest in Dickson Etuhu, although Jol has no intention of selling the midfielder.
"I don't comment on that sort of thing because that is speculation," he said.
"Of course there are clubs trying to do things, to be better and improve their team.
"But I think it would not be right to help them, to put my players out on loan there that could probably fill in here."
While coy about most potential transfers, Jol quickly quashed speculation linking him with a move West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie.
Reports on Friday morning suggested the Dutchman was preparing a bid for the Nigeria international, involving £3million in cash plus both Chris Baird and Damien Duff in exchange.
"There is no truth in that," he said. "We have been quiet so far.
"We do not comment on players going out and coming in. You have to wait and see until the end of January."
As transfer speculation continues, Jol's immediate concern is responding to last week's disappointing 3-1 defeat at 10-man Blackburn.
The west Londoners welcome Newcastle to Craven Cottage on Saturday and Jol expects a much-improved performance.
"We have a good home record but that means nothing," he said. "After the game, we can only be happy or gutted about the result.
"We are optimistic as I think we have done well over the past two months.
"I think everybody has been a bit surprised with how well they done this season, especially with those players like Cheick Tiote and Demba Ba, who is probably the most productive players at the moment.
"They are not there at the moment [due to African Nations Cup duty] and of course they have to use their qualities to get results."